Shuttle launch tonite! (Scrubbed until Sunday)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Discovery and her seven crewmembers are scheduled to blast off from a seaside launch pad at NASA's Kennedy Space Center here at 9:20:10 p.m. EDT (0120:10 March 12 GMT) to begin their two-week construction flight.

Just found this on yahoo, I had missed the news. Guess I'll be on AMC6 tonite!

Get to watch it in HD and I can also see in from my Orlando house.
I can't remember the year but around 13 years ago I believe we watched it from our house (near sea world) and about a minute after it launched we heard a very low rumble. I thought it was a train . That night the news reported that it was the shuttle. It was a little cold out so the sound traveled and it was also a little windy. It was the first time we had ever heard the Shuttle in Orlando. We haven't heard it since . Very strange .

Will the launch or any of the mission ops be available in HD?

This will be my first shuttle mission with an HDTV in the house. :hungry:

Yes their is a HD that Nasa has up the day of their launch, on both of their sats that they use, you just need to rescan their normal freq, an you should see it listed. it was up this morning. but don't know about now, Photoman just posted about the launch being postponed.

scrub

Yep they are draining out the fuel tank and going to try again tomorrow at 854pm EDT......oh well. Roundball again tonite lol....

Launch Scrubbed for Wednesday

Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:48:47 PM CDT

The STS-119 launch was scrubbed at 2:37 p.m. EDT due to a hydrogen leak in a Liquid Hydrogen vent line between the shuttle and the external tank. The launch team is currently beginning the process of draining the external fuel tank. We'll turn around for launch attempt tomorrow at 8:54 p.m. EDT.

HDNet is supposed to have it if you don't have c-band to get the raw nasa HD feed. This sucks though, I won't be home tomorrow night. I'll just have to DVR it from HDNet.

Which satellite is better to watch on, 72W or 137W? Is one more likely to have more coverage, or different views or ops or ?

I'm just gonna cry because I cannot put up a BUD, and I have to stick with what I can get on 119 W, but, really, since I have DirecTv, I can get NASA there, but, only the main channel.

I don't suppose there is any way to convince an HOA to make an excpetion, especially mine!

I know Iceberg gets away with it. If he ever comes to St. Louis, maybe he can show me how *** I *** can get away with it!

If only I could make use of one that could be hidden by my privacy fence. :mad:

I'm just gonna cry because I cannot put up a BUD, and I have to stick with what I can get on 119 W, but, really, since I have DirecTv, I can get NASA there, but, only the main channel.

I don't suppose there is any way to convince an HOA to make an excpetion, especially mine!

I know Iceberg gets away with it. If he ever comes to St. Louis, maybe he can show me how *** I *** can get away with it!

If only I could make use of one that could be hidden by my privacy fence. :mad:

That's why I would never, ever buy a home with HOA restrictions. I know they have their purpose and many of you will disagree with me. But nobody is going to tell me what I can and cannot do on my own property, nobody.

There are Ku live feeds on AMC-6, at least three transponders. Some of them might be NBC news feeds. These should be active for the launch whenever it is...
One IDs as "Cityboy" the other as "Snowboy". The third scans as TV1. All vertically polarized. 99% quality using the 10' dish. I think these are only active during the countdown. These are not HD feeds.
11750 V 3978 308 256
11756 V 3978 308 256
11762 V 3978 33 36

Hope that helps those without C-band just a bit...
C.

Last edited:
Discovery launch no earlier than Sunday 3/15 (7:43 PM EDT).

That's why I would never, ever buy a home with HOA restrictions. I know they have their purpose and many of you will disagree with me. But nobody is going to tell me what I can and cannot do on my own property, nobody.
+1

I'll catch it on AMC7, can't get to 72W with the BUD but 137W is no problem. :cool:
Just the opposite here, 72w -no problem but 137w I have tree blockage....although I did break out the ol' chainsaw last weekend, to gain access to G15. I just might continue the project this weekend!:D:up

Boy, do I feel lucky when my son and I drove the 4 hours and went to see STS-126 back in November, and it launched as scheduled. We were talking with people who traveled specifically to catch the launch from Canada and Europe.

It was a incredible thing to see from the causeway 6 miles away. I'd love to score some VIP or press passes to see it from 3 miles. Here is my son's video of the launch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLI_EjtvyI]YouTube - STS-126 "Endeavor" Night Launch[/ame]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)