SHVERA, RV Waiver, Distants, & Time Zones

trumpit

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Northern California
I live in Northern California (Pacific Time Zone.) If I get an RV and an RV waiver, will I be able to receive both LA and NY distant networks (SD and HD) in the RV where ever I am in the country? That is, under SHVERA, I don't think I will be allowed to get distant networks from NY where the time zone is 3 hours later in my HOME in CA, but will I be able to get NY distants in my RV while it is in California? Does Dish have any way of knowing where the RV is, such as what spot beams it is receiving? BTW- I'm currently receiving San Francisco LIL, CBS-HD LA, and NY & LA Distants, due to my Grade B home address. Thanks! Trumpit

You should be able to get the distants where ever you are, they won't know anyway. We live in el paso tx, and I have the rv waiver and have the n.y distants. I even get them in the house. They are 2 hours differnce but the guide know's it and its the right time. When I go to san antoinio the guide stays like i'm in El Paso so I have to rember they are one hour off. I remeber a thread a while back about a full timmer who once he got where he was going to stay for awhile would call E* to get the guide fixed and most of the time he would have to talk to a supervisor or tech department but it would get fixed. hope that helps

trumpit said:
That is, under SHVERA, I don't think I will be allowed to get distant networks from NY where the time zone is 3 hours later in my HOME in CA, but will I be able to get NY distants in my RV while it is in California?
If I read correctly, the RV waiver stays the same - RVs are defined as unserved and can get two sets of distants nationwide regardless of timezone. The new rules invoving time zones seem to be directed at Digital Distants anyways, not analog.

JL

if you get an rv waiver, the distant neworks you get will appear on all receivers on your account. i would not tell them you are only doing it so you can get them in your house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts