sick of disputes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I see you conveniently left out the itemization of DTV. So, let's let the facts get in the way:

DTV:
91.99 Premier
15 DVR
6.50 * 4 rooms (they still charge an equipment fee for the first TV, right?)
(do you have an RSN surcharge?)
Total: 132.99

DISH:
89.99 AT250
15 DVR
7 * 3 rooms (first room free)
Total: 125.99
Actually I think Directv charges $7 now per room.
But the all inclusive pack I think if I remember correctly save you either $15 or $20 .

Edit

Okay the first 2 years has Directv Ultimate for $75 that includes the Advanced receiver fee, and 2 rooms of service.
Then after 2 years you pay $91.99 but from what I've read so far you still get your Advanced receiver fee included, possibly your first room as well. It wasn't very clear as to what is still included.
I just know when I called it was around a $20 discount for bundling with my cell service.
Because I wasn't a new customer then.

But yes RSN fee still applies depending on your location, and depending how many rsns you have.
My actual DMA which is Philadelphia market, is $0
But if I use my lake house address in Wayne County PA, It's $4.93 (Wilkes-Barre) market
If I use Pike county pa address it's $6.39 (NY) market.

NY market and Wilkes- Barre market get the basically the same RSNS.
YES, SNY, MSG, MSG+( ROOT PITTSBURGH for Wilkes-Barre market)

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/rsn_fee

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
I see you conveniently left out the itemization of DTV.

That's because there is no itemization for my DTV package. It is listed on the bill exactly as I put it in the listing. It's called all inclusive which includes all fees for up to 4 rooms (there is a $2 RSN fee that I didn't notice, my apologies). I've attached a screenshot for clarification.
584162a0572a1f283d42dfe2374c52fd.png

I'm not sure if this is available for everyone or not, which is why I said everyone's situation is different and YMMV. But for at least me alone, DTV is cheaper.

I see you conveniently left out the itemization of DTV. So, let's let the facts get in the way:

DTV:
91.99 Premier
15 DVR
6.50 * 4 rooms (they still charge an equipment fee for the first TV, right?)
(do you have an RSN surcharge?)
Total: 132.99

DISH:
89.99 AT250
15 DVR
7 * 3 rooms (first room free)
Total: 125.99

Yes plus $5 for RSN for our area. $137.99 VS $125.99 Also you have the correct comparable price the package name is Ultimate instead of Premier.

Dish's equivalent (in general, not just your specific channel requirements) would be.

AT200 79.99 + $36 in fees = $116. So, comparable in price.

The all-included pricing makes it difficult to compare, but the real savings with Dish has historically been with fewer room configurations. What is the all-included price for 2 rooms?

There it is: $111

Dish would be $102

it depends on units
if multiple 622/722 my fee would be $17 each
its $15 per hopper

its hard to really compare the 2 services as many people have h24's or hr24s with thier genie

anex80, Are you sure your bill isn't for 3 rooms?

I selected the Xtra All-Included package on their website (2 rooms) then added 2 more. That raised the total price from $111 (2 rooms) to $125 (4 rooms). It appears that $118 would be the price of 3 rooms, since each additional room adds $7:
  • Base Package
  • Edit
  • XTRA ALL INCLUDED (2 rooms) See Commitment Agreement
  • $111.00
  • Regional Sports Fee
  • $3.63
  • $41 Bill Credit for Months 1-12
  • -$41.00
  • Equipment Fees
  • Edit
  • Tvs (4 TVs)
  • $14.00

I do think it is fair to say "in my situation" That's one of the reasons I keep saying if you want the newer equipment with more rooms you may not save as much with DISH. I also think it is fair if every channel you want is in a lower priced package than you can get with DISH without going to a higher package, that is fair to say that is your situation. Just as in my situation I get a great deal on 50MBPS internet so that bundling would still cost more than keeping DISH and it would be with less channels. For some they are paying twice what I do and bundling could save.

But the other side of the coin is you can save quite alot with DISH if you want to not a choice I see with Directv. They all have become expensive no one is saying they haven't. I just feel DISH is overlooked with all the talk about fees that they provide a way to get the programming you want and pay very little in fees if you want to save money. $17 for two rooms/ 4 potentially six tuner DVRs isn't outrageous and may be the lowest in the industry. And I have no statistics but I am betting a large percentage of installs are two rooms.

nope but $15 per hopper makes up for it if you have 2
and 3x722 is way above 3xhr24, direct is $7 no matter the unit
and my first receiver is free with direct
Nope, on your nope. The first receiver with Dish is free. Always has been.

[QUOTE="Tampa8, post: 3933221, member: 211"$17 for two rooms/ 4 potentially six tuner DVRs isn't outrageous and may be the lowest in the industry. And I have no statistics but I am betting a large percentage of installs are two rooms.[/QUOTE]

that is $3 higher than direct even without a free first receiver

nope but $15 per hopper makes up for it if you have 2
and 3x722 is way above 3xhr24, direct is $7 no matter the unit
and my first receiver is free with direct

Well you wouldn't have two H3's so there is no use comparing that, and you have all those tuners to use. And why would it have to be a 722 @ $17 and not a 612 @ $10?

Well you wouldn't have two H3's so there is no use comparing that, and you have all those tuners to use. And why would it have to be a 722 @ $17 and not a 612 @ $10?
even with the 612, its higher
dish fees are just plain higher in many situations
the new hopper 3 may change that as it only allows 1, and joeys are more in line with directv fees

[QUOTE="Tampa8, post: 3933221, member: 211"$17 for two rooms/ 4 potentially six tuner DVRs isn't outrageous and may be the lowest in the industry. And I have no statistics but I am betting a large percentage of installs are two rooms.

that is $3 higher than direct even without a free first receiver[/QUOTE]

Show me that with the actual figures because when I first did the comparison after they changed their website I called to be sure of my figures, I was told, and the website has shown there is a $15 charge per account no matter the receiver. Then another $7 for the second receiver, then an RSN fee.

that is $3 higher than direct even without a free first receiver

Show me that with the actual figures because when I first did the comparison after they changed their website I called to be sure of my figures, I was told, and the website has shown there is a $15 charge per account no matter the receiver. Then another $7 for the second receiver, then an RSN fee.[/QUOTE]

that $15 is not just for the receiver

This service unleashes the full power of your DIRECTV receiver, including HD channels, DVR recording, the ability to record and watch in any room (requires Genie Whole-Home Setup), access to thousands of On Demand shows and movies, live TV on your iPad®, and more. It applies to customers who order the following receivers: HD DVR, Genie, and TiVo HD DVR.
Please note:
If you order a standard HD Receiver, the Advanced Receiver Service fee does not apply.

I do think it is fair to say "in my situation" That's one of the reasons I keep saying if you want the newer equipment with more rooms you may not save as much with DISH. I also think it is fair if every channel you want is in a lower priced package than you can get with DISH without going to a higher package, that is fair to say that is your situation. Just as in my situation I get a great deal on 50MBPS internet so that bundling would still cost more than keeping DISH and it would be with less channels. For some they are paying twice what I do and bundling could save.

But the other side of the coin is you can save quite alot with DISH if you want to not a choice I see with Directv. They all have become expensive no one is saying they haven't. I just feel DISH is overlooked with all the talk about fees that they provide a way to get the programming you want and pay very little in fees if you want to save money. $17 for two rooms/ 4 potentially six tuner DVRs isn't outrageous and may be the lowest in the industry. And I have no statistics but I am betting a large percentage of installs are two rooms.
But Directv is still selling their product.
They didn't just lose 281,000 customers.

Nothing is stopping Att Uverse customers from going to Dish,
Except obviously Price ,security, and availability with Directv.

So I don't think it's fair to assume customers only want a cheap price.

It's easier to leave Directv than Dish.
Directv doesn't charge you to send your leased equipment back.
And customers are still leaving Dish in the blink of an eye.

That is an indication that it's not about price.
Charlie thinks it's all about price, That's why his main goal is to retain good customers to maximize profit.

Well I got news for you chuck, Stop taking away things and you'll retain customers and maximize profit.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

But Directv is still selling their product.
They didn't just lose 281,000 customers.

Nothing is stopping Att Uverse customers from going to Dish,
Except obviously Price ,security, and availability with Directv.

So I don't think it's fair to assume customers only want a cheap price.

It's easier to leave Directv than Dish.
Directv doesn't charge you to send your leased equipment back.
And customers are still leaving Dish in the blink of an eye.

That is an indication that it's not about price.
Charlie thinks it's all about price, That's why his main goal is to retain good customers to maximize profit.

Well I got news for you chuck, Stop taking away things and you'll retain customers and maximize profit.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Wait until AT&T gets their hands into it. If it is anything like their Wireless division it will go down hill. The wireless division decommissioned over a 100 towers last year leaving many areas without service. Of course they say the towers had low traffic that is why they were decommissioned. I bet when channels are removed they will say low viewership. But we all know it is all about cost

Show me that with the actual figures because when I first did the comparison after they changed their website I called to be sure of my figures, I was told, and the website has shown there is a $15 charge per account no matter the receiver. Then another $7 for the second receiver, then an RSN fee.

that $15 is not just for the receiver

This service unleashes the full power of your DIRECTV receiver, including HD channels, DVR recording, the ability to record and watch in any room (requires Genie Whole-Home Setup), access to thousands of On Demand shows and movies, live TV on your iPad®, and more. It applies to customers who order the following receivers: HD DVR, Genie, and TiVo HD DVR.
Please note:
If you order a standard HD Receiver, the Advanced Receiver Service fee does not apply.
[/QUOTE]

Do you realize you are comparing a non DVR to DISH DVR's? "a standard HD Receiver" Notice an HD DVR does incur the $15 fee, plus another $7 for the second receiver. Plus RSN. DISH IS LESS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)