Sick of my 922. Time to upgrade?

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I jumped on because I am just getting sick of my 922. I have a 922, a 622 and a 222. Seems like upgrading to the new Hopper and a couple Joeys is a no brainer. Am I missing something?

I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I jumped on because I am just getting sick of my 922. I have a 922, a 622 and a 222. Seems like upgrading to the new Hopper and a couple Joeys is a no brainer. Am I missing something?

I would get two hoppers and I recommend upgrading. The Hopper is far superior.

Offhand, without doing the math, I think you'll come out cheaper in your monthly bill, plus have HD everywhere. Depending upon how many TVs you feed independently.

2 Hoppers and 1 or 2 or more Joeys is a no brainer.

I have 6 TVs only three of which are HD. I use home distribution though TV2 for the other 3, which I assume I can still do--how many tuners does the Hopper have?

I'm thinking having just the one Hopper might be best so I only need to worry about DVRing stuff in one spot. Am I thinking about that right?

I have 6 TVs only three of which are HD. I use home distribution though TV2 for the other 3, which I assume I can still do--how many tuners does the Hopper have?

I'm thinking having just the one Hopper might be best so I only need to worry about DVRing stuff in one spot. Am I thinking about that right?

3 tuners each, so one hopper would reduce your tuners by three compared to what you have now. 2 hoppers is the best and you can access the events from either hoppers dvr at any tv in the house.

The Hopper has three tuners +1 with optional OTA module. At present, you have four sat recording and 1-3 OTA recording tuners. Plus your 222's for viewing. Hopper/Joey does not have home distribution like the 922/622. If you are regularly using your supply of tuners, you would indeed need two hoppers. However, if you don't, you may only need one. I had a 722K and 722. On the surface, that would have meant I needed two Hoppers. However, the 722 mostly duplicated timers from the 722K for convenience. Not necessary with Hopper. ONE HOPPER has been more than satisfactory for us.

I recently upgraded from a 922 to a Hopper with Sling. The difference in speed is amazing. With the 922 jumping a day ahead in the guide took 3 to 5 secs, Hopper instantaneous, scrolling down through the guide is also much faster. Checking out the EHD with the 922 took a long time to read, again with the hopper almost instantaneous. As mentioned, no rf feed to another room unless you add a modulator and do it yourself, but I'm now watching in another room using a Joey.

I used to reboot my 922 at least twice a week to cure freeze ups and other hiccups, have only had to reboot the Hopper once in a month of use and that may have cured itself if I had waited longer.

Having one tuner for networks, PTAT, and 2 others for other channels plus OTA is a nice plus as well. Does the picture quality seem improved?, maybe I'm kidding myself but it seems that way. The larger hard drive and Autoskip is also a nice addition.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in upgrading.

922/622/222 are included/17/14 plus $10 DVR fee or $41 in fees/month

hopper/hopper/joey/joey/joey/joey (if he has 6 TVs) is included/7/7/7/7/7 + 10 or $45/month

If you can mirror a couple TVs you could knock out a joey and come out less per month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts