Sign the C41W Wireless Client Close to Being Released?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Just found this on eBay,
BRAND NEW - DIRECTV Wireless C41W Whole Home Client and Wireless Video Bridge
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-D...ge-/131081736790?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

While obviously the price is unacceptable,this is the first mention of the wireless client besides the "coming soon" page on weaknees.com. Will this be the start of being able to get the new wireless client or is it just an anomaly?

I was due for an equipment upgrade, and received the HR-44 Genie on Saturday. I also wanted DTV in my spare room which doesn't have a coaxial outlet. I got the CW-41 wireless Genie Mini and bridge. Works fine so far.

I was due for an equipment upgrade, and received the HR-44 Genie on Saturday. I also wanted DTV in my spare room which doesn't have a coaxial outlet. I got the CW-41 wireless Genie Mini and bridge. Works fine so far.

Curious if they charged you anything for the C41w and/or bridge and/or install?

Wonder what truck that fell off of.

I'm sure Direct could figure that out if they wanted, he posted the serial numbers for both pieces.

As for his price, $160 isn't too bad for that equipment, when I asked Directv about the wireless option (when it first showed on the account page) they said $199 with install required.

You must live in a test market, good for you!

Just found this on eBay, BRAND NEW - DIRECTV Wireless C41W Whole Home Client and Wireless Video Bridge http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-DIRECTV-Wireless-C41W-Whole-Home-Client-and-Wireless-Video-Bridge-/131081736790?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160 While obviously the price is unacceptable,this is the first mention of the wireless client besides the "coming soon" page on weaknees.com. Will this be the start of being able to get the new wireless client or is it just an anomaly?
How can you sell this. It can only be a leased box that directv owns?

I understand that but, the problem is that no retailer has them for sale at this time
I think that's why it was a good idea that the serial numbers for the wireless client & bridge were shown. You can call in the numbers to confirm that they are good before you buy(lease) the product.

I don't need the Genie right now because my present set-up(HR22-100,HR24-200,HR24-500,H24-700,& H25-500),with MRV,is good enough for me,but......if the wireless client finally comes out via third party,then I might jump into the Genie waters. That's why I asked the question whether this was a sign that the wireless client was finally coming down the third party pipeline or just an aberration so far.

Probably an aberration since it's not even in national release yet.

It's possible that it's owned. Directv employees own their equipment and sometimes put it up for sale.

Depends on what equipment, and i will confirm that employees can only use equipment that is available in their dma. If they are allowed to. Most emp/hsp accounts are not eligible for an hmc at all. 34 or 44. No clients wireless or otherwise.

The chances of this being owned are next to nonexistant.

Only way i can see this happening is if the origional accountholder has a primestar flagged account and lives in a test market.

I highly doubt any new users can activate this.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You must live in a test market, good for you!

This.

In another thread, I also mentioned what someone else said here that we're not upgrading to Genie for free equipment yet either because apparently Atlanta is not currently and won't be a test market for the wireless Genie Mini for some time.

Based on a review that can be googled (I forget the site at the moment), it appears very solid, so I really don't know why DirecTV is taking their sweet time with it.

Seems to me there's plenty of demand for it, even if cash outlay is required.

Then again, per the review, it almost appears DirecTV repurposed Netgear router hardware, as there appears to be a lot of wasted functionality on the device.

Maybe first generation in testing for a newer device? My pure speculation.

Well someone took the bait because the wireless client is sold now on eBay. The person who was selling it lives in Raleigh,North Carolina.

We was told the national rollout will be completed by end of February. It was set to be end of December and was pushed back 2 months so wireless will should start popping up more and more. We already have the equipment in our warehouse so it won't be long for us

I wonder how the reliability of this will compare to the Hopper (which runs off of someone's own network). Does this wireless use the same frequencies that a routers use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)