signal , and quality fluctuating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
while watching a channel my signal goes from 84 -82 and the quality goes from 99-93-0 and picture cuts out. could this be the Lnb....its an old calamp mini mag 25k does it every few minutes and sometimes back to back . all coax is new. and sometimes the signal goes to 10.... im thinking its the lnb. ill wait for inputs before messing with it.

I am glad you figured out the problem.

Could be ole sol making its way south for the solstice.

What AT&TDishman means is it could have been a solar outage, when the sun is directly behind a satellite in outer space it over powers the signal to your dish and you loose the signal for a few minutes.

I am glad you figured out the problem.

What AT&TDishman means is it could have been a solar outage, when the sun is directly behind a satellite in outer space it over powers the signal to your dish and you loose the signal for a few minutes.
The only problem with this idea, is the Sun is currently reaching it's most Southern point. Sometime today (Saturday) it will start heading back North. Meaning today is the shortest day of the year for us Northern Hemisphere Folks. Also, there's no way the sats can be between the Sun and your Dish at this time. It will happen again in April (I think) while heading North and then on it's return in August or September?

Al

The only problem with this idea, is the Sun is currently reaching it's most Southern point. Sometime today (Saturday) it will start heading back North. Meaning today is the shortest day of the year for us Northern Hemisphere Folks. Also, there's no way the sats can be between the Sun and your Dish at this time. It will happen again in April (I think) while heading North and then on it's return in August or September?

Al

I believe he said behind the satellite not in front. I wonder if this could have been my morning problem?

I believe he said behind the satellite not in front. I wonder if this could have been my morning problem?
erock, the Sun can only be on one side of the Satellite at any time. Whether you call it "in front of" or "in back of", doesn't matter to me? The Satellite will always be in the middle. The problem of Solar Outages occurs twice a year, in the Spring while the Sun is heading North and again in the Fall while it's heading South. The time of the outage is different for each Satellite and occurs while the Sun crosses the ARC. The time also depends on your specific location, so everyone doesn't get it at the same time. It's a direct result of a LOS (line of sight) issue, where the Sun is directly behind the Satellite from your particular LOS. In any case it (Solar Outage) can't be happening right now, it's impossible?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)