Signal Angle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

twoskinsoneman

Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
I asked a similar question but I didn't get a clear answer. I was told look at the info on the receiver...

My receiver tells me to set my elevation to 39.

Now does this represent the ACTUAL angle to horizontal, or does the signal come in even higher than 39 degrees because its an offeset dish. When I'm looking for the satellite for LOS purposes. If I look 39 degrees up from the horizon is this the actual LOS angle I need to be concerned about.

It may make the different between me cutting down a tree or not.

I asked a similar question but I didn't get a clear answer. I was told look at the info on the receiver...

My receiver tells me to set my elevation to 39.

Now does this represent the ACTUAL angle to horizontal, or does the signal come in even higher than 39 degrees because its an offeset dish. When I'm looking for the satellite for LOS purposes. If I look 39 degrees up from the horizon is this the actual LOS angle I need to be concerned about.

It may make the different between me cutting down a tree or not.

I'm not sure about that, but if you set your dish on the 39* mark, then take a measurement and I would guess that it would be pretty close to the 39* you have set, but I really haven't looed that in depth at it.
Keep in mind that the 39* is a refereance point.

Jimbo

I'm not sure about that, but if you set your dish on the 39* mark, then take a measurement and I would guess that it would be pretty close to the 39* you have set, but I really haven't looed that in depth at it.
Keep in mind that the 39* is a refereance point.

Jimbo

What I'm a measuring? If your refering to measuring the angle compared to horizontal that fine but what am I comparing this to? If I don't know the offset angle of the dish what am I measuring?

What I'm a measuring? If your refering to measuring the angle compared to horizontal that fine but what am I comparing this to? If I don't know the offset angle of the dish what am I measuring?

39 degrees is the actual elevation of the incoming signal. The dish is offset so that it looks like the angle is lower.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts