Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Been away for a few days came back home last night and my son couldn't watch Walking Dead as an acquiring signal message kept appearing on the screen. Checked the Hopper and it gave me an error code 32-12-11 and to press the RESET button.

The other Hopper was working fine could even tune to the AMC channel he was getting the Acquiring Signal message from. I did not reset it last night as it said Prime Time Anytime was recording and I didn't want to lose the recordings.

This morning I reset the receiver and when it came up everything was working fine.

I went outside with my SuperBuddy meter and checked my levels, and across all 3 satellites I had signals in the high 50's to low 60's.

Tonight the one Hopper is acting up again while the other one is fine, again it has the Signal Code of 32-12-11 on the screen.

Is the problem the Hopper of the Duo Node outside? Again the other Hopper is working fine.

Thanks!

How cold is it? Do you have one if the old nodes that had an issue with temperature? I believe the newer model ones had a black dot on them.
Its been around 20 degrees here. My Duo Node was one of the first ones since I had Hoppers before they were available to the general public.

If you can't access the node, try swapping hopper locations to see if the problem is hopper specific. If the problem persists at the same location, I would start with replacing the node.

Perhaps try running a check switch on the hopper before moving anything and see what results you get.

I will swap the hoppers around on the node tonight when I get home. That should show if it's the node or the wiring.

One of my HWS gave me an error code similar to yours, Scott. I called Dish and we did a system status and it showed 110 good. The other 3 ( 129 , 119, 61.5 ) red.
They then sent a tech. He started by doing a check switch and everything came back as good. He had no idea as to why that happened. I now have all functions working. I hope it stays that way.

Yup I did a few days ago but last night was the first night the temp has dropped below 40.

And yes the same thing happened to the other receiver.

So it is an issue with my duo node.

Back last winter we started noticing an issue with certain nodes/LNB combo's or revisions that would act up during cold weather and were advised to put the nodes inside if possible (against QAS and would fail us but whatever) till the new LNB revisions were out.

I'm going to look for a thread on it and edit this.

Edit: Check this post/thread out Scott see if this is what you are experiencing.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/300918-Multiple-hopper-problem-again?p=3067152#post3067152

Back last winter we started noticing an issue with certain nodes/LNB combo's or revisions that would act up during cold weather and were advised to put the nodes inside if possible (against QAS and would fail us but whatever) till the new LNB revisions were out.

I'm going to look for a thread on it and edit this.

What new LNB revisions are coming out?

What new LNB revisions are coming out?

This issue was last year so whatever changes were already done. see above or below quote:

Cold Duo Node Issue 1/04 11:26a

Issue

In freezing temperatures, some (but not all) duo nodes will experience an issue that results in signal loss. This issue does not affect solo nodes.
Identification

Technicians can identify systems suffering from this problem using the following criteria:

1. A duo node is present in the system and has been installed outdoors
  2. Temperatures are below freezing (less than 32° F)
  3. The system is experiencing loss of live video and a “015 Signal” popup also appears
  4. A triple LNBF is on the dish and does not have “A2” as the first two characters of the serial number (more information on this below)
  5. The Hoppers or Joeys operate well unless the outdoor temperatures drop to below freezing

Verification

Follow these steps to verify the issue is a result of a cold duo node:

1. Perform a check switch at the Hopper — if this issue is occurring, it will be unlikely to detect a switch
  2. Perform a limit scan before the duo node to confirm you have good signal and power
  3. Bypass the duo node by inserting a barrel and test the coax cable with a limit scan behind the Hopper. This confirms that the cable isn’t the issue
  4. Confirm that a triple LNBF is on the dish and does not have “A2” as the first two characters of the serial number (see picture below)

Cold%20Duo%20Node%201.jpg
Cold%20Duo%20Node%202.jpg
If good signal and power are detected before the duo node and after bypassing the duo node, and the LNBF does not have a serial number starting with “A2,” it is extremely likely that the issue lies with the duo node.
Current Solution

This issue has been escalated to Echostar for resolution, but in the meantime, there are two solutions:

1. Move the duo node into the garage or elsewhere inside the house. This will keep it away from freezing temperatures, which is when the issue of signal loss often occurs
  2. If you cannot install or relocate the duo node to an indoor location, replace the LNBF with one from Sharp Electronics, which will have a serial number starting with A2 (1k4 EA and 1k2 WA). The serial number can be found on the silver sticker underneath the feed horns on the LNBF (please refer to the images above)

Please note that simply replacing the duo node will not fix this issue; the system will work temporarily until the duo node gets cold again. If this issue is present, either move the duo node or replace the LNBF with one that has an “A2” serial number.
Permanent Solution

New duo nodes that do not suffer from this issue will be made available in the coming weeks. These duo nodes will be readily identifiable, and once they arrive, DNS will issue another communication.

Could this also happen with 1H1J setups? Because we've been down in the single digits/teens off and on for the last week, and I've been having the same issue. Some channels will work, and others won't on both the Hopper and the Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts