Signal goes out on random lines.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thinkdiff

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Here's my setup:
2 Dual LNB Dishes hooked up to 2 regular hughes boxes and one DTivo(2 Line). Randomly, signal wil go out or get messed up on one or two lines at a time. Usually only one at a time. And it happens at random times, usually around 6-7PM (today it happened at exactly 7:01PM on one of the lines).

So as of right now, I have absolutely no signal on one line, and on another line half the channels (odd transponders) are choppy and very pixelated, the other two lines are perfect. I have no idea how the lines are set up, but I think the TiVo is on it's own dish and the two other boxes are on the second dish. For about 2 weeks, only one line on the tivo was having this problem (choppy and pixelated), so if it is a problem with the LNB, it's both dishes, not just one, which seems very strange.

So what do you think I should do? DTV wants to charge me like 100 dollars for a service call, will the dish be extra if it needs to be replaced?

Also, The put up the second dish when I got my TiVo, which was in May.. is that still under warranty (the dish)?

Sounds like either your LNB or multiswitch (if you have one) is bad.

Why do you have two seperate dishes?

Neutron said:
Sounds like either your LNB or multiswitch (if you have one) is bad.

Why do you have two seperate dishes?

That's something I would like to know. I think when the installers came to put in the TiVo (3 weeks late), they only had a dish on the truck.. not a multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)