Signal issue?

djmeaney

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I had Dish installed last November when there were no leaves on the trees. Now that the leaves have sprouted I am seeing more signal loss.

We have a 625 and get our signals off the 110 and 119 satellites. Tonight the signal readings were about 50 on the 110 and about 30 on the 119 with cloudy skies, but no rain.

I have Dish coming out on Sunday to check everything out.

Here's my question. If trees are the problem, has anyone had any luck having Dish replace the SD definition equipment with HD (for SD service)? I don't believe there are any tree problems with the HD sats.

In case it matters, I am not under commitment to Dish.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't believe there are any tree problems with the HD sats.

There must be good line of sight, HD or not. In fact, W Sat 129 on which most of the HD content is from, is at a lower elevation than 110 and 119, so you probably would not be able to get it at all. You would have to get another dish to get E Sat 61.5 for HD, but your present or future locals may not be on it.

Thanks

Guess I have to hope the problem can be corrected with better Dish alignment.

Getting Eastern Arc

Follow-up...

Dish Tech was out this morning.

Said trees were definitely the issue. Said he could find a spot for a pole mount that may be buy me a season or two, but that was about it.

He said the better solution was to install new dish on same mount and point to the Eastern Arc. Says no issues with trees in that direction.

He called Dish and explained the situation. The Dish CSR okayed the free upgrade to a 722 DVR and new dish as long as I entered into a 2 year commitment.

I like Dish and their equipment so I agreed. Tech and CSR were very helpful, friendly and responsive.

So as of Friday I'll be getting SD channels through HD equipment for the SD price.

Works for me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts