GEOSATpro Signal Level Sensitivity

Please process the RMA through your reseller as was outlined in post # 11. If purchased directly from us, you may contact our support team for a RMA.

Either way, we are committed to resolving this situation.

BTW...

What is inline between the receivers and LNBF? Switches, splitters, etc.

Have you bypassed a run directly to the LNBFs to verify no auxiliary equipment incompatibilities?

I am no fan of the combined C/KU LNBFs and have heard way to many performance issues when they are used on an undersized dish. Are you using the built-in switch or an external switch? If internal, try an external switch or bypass completely. I recall some earlier posts reporting some anomalies with certain brands of the C/KU LNBFs with internal switches.

On a side note not related to the tuner sensitivity, the 6 ft dish and add to that the performance loss of the C/KU LNBF is not a good combination. With this undersized dish you should instead use a C-band only LNBF. Is the dish a prime focus or offset design? If offset, are you using a comical scalar or the flat scalar?

The reason that I am curious about the dish is due to adjacent satellite interference. A more sensitive tuner could be more influenced by signals that are below threshold on the other receiver. The 6 foot dish is not 2 degree compliant and you will be receiving strong side lobes with possible interference from nearby satellites. The 6 foot dish is severely undersized for the EIRP of this satellite along with the additional margins required for S2 and 8psk and future 16psk signals. Regardless of your receiver choice, you really need a larger dish and optimized Feedhorn/LNB or LNBF to reliably receive weaker footprints and more critical transmission types.

What is inline between the receivers and LNBF? Switches, splitters, etc. Nothing.

Have you bypassed a run directly to the LNBFs to verify no auxiliary equipment incompatibilities? Replaced BSC621 with an ESX 241 HDTV Digital Ready 13K 70dB C Band Satellite LNB LNBF With Scalar Ring. This helps with c-band signal levels and now can see WeathernationHD with MicroHD.

Is the dish a prime focus or offset design? New SADOUN 1.8m Prime focus.

The 6 foot dish is severely undersized for the EIRP of this satellite along with the additional margins required for S2 and 8psk and future 16psk signals. I am aware of this and think you are correct in that adjacent satellite interference is causing some issues with the 6ft dish.

Have you bypassed a run directly to the LNBFs to verify no auxiliary equipment incompatibilities? Took receiver/monitor out to dish with EX241 LNBF and tweaked setup signal meter first then MicroHd. Now can receive WeatherNationHD on 3737V though video seems a little choppy compared to the Pansat.

May I say thanks for all your suggestions and comments. Have a second MicroHd coming today and after talking with seller says I can try and see if this one works better.

Curious to know, what was the final outcome of this? Thanks,

Well, was hoping that MicroHd could pull in the Luken signal (with a 6ft dish) off 87w that the Pansat could not. It's a good box; just like others have said there are more limitations with the smaller dish. Would be great if there was someway through firmware to work with less CNR/SNR.

Would be great if there was someway through firmware to work with less CNR/SNR.

You had not mentioned that you are also unable to receive the Luken mux in addition to the WeatherHD. I am more convinced that this is simply a undersized dish for these S2 signals.

The latest approved firmware was slightly adjusted to provide signal locks on even lower threshold ratios. This cannot be a user adjustable setting.

For the WeatherHD channel, you might want to try and step back to firmware version 0.13 as a test. Adjacent satellite interference is likely increasing the noise level and conflicting with the desired signal. In these situations, a deaf STB could perform better.

If you have access to a spectrum analyzer it would be interesting to document the side lobe signal levels of your 6 footer on this frequency. I believe that you will find that their is another carrier present.

Luken and WeatherHD both require precise aiming with even larger reflectors. Even in a better footprint signal area of California, if the FD, skew or dish setting is even slightly off, these muxes are instantly gone.

Last edited:
You had not mentioned that you are also unable to receive the Luken mux in addition to the WeatherHD. I am more convinced that this is simply a undersized dish for these S2 signals.

The latest approved firmware was slightly adjusted to provide signal locks on even lower threshold ratios. This cannot be a user adjustable setting.

For the WeatherHD channel, you might want to try and step back to firmware version 0.13 as a test. Adjacent satellite interference is likely increasing the noise level and conflicting with the desired signal. In these situations, a deaf STB could perform better.

If you have access to a spectrum analyzer it would be interesting to document the side lobe signal levels of your 6 footer on this frequency. I believe that you will find that their is another carrier present.

Luken and WeatherHD both require precise aiming with even larger reflectors. Even in a better footprint signal area of California, if the FD, skew or dish setting is even slightly off, these muxes are instantly gone.

If you have access to a spectrum analyzer it would be interesting to document the side lobe signal levels of your 6 footer on this frequency. I believe that you will find that their is another carrier present. I do have access to a spectrum analyzer from my previous job. When the weather warms up a little here in MN will check for what you suggest. Appreciate the help! I am locked on to WeatherNationHD and have no trouble now receiving signal even when it rains - so have to be close to being able to capture the Luken mux. If Luken had a lower ratio FEC instead of 5/6 would that help receive.

This reminds me of an issue that I had with interference with Dish Network. Pointed an 18 inch dish at 77W to pickup HD locals. Had great signal strength but had a choppy picture. Was told to put up a larger dish to reject interference since an adjacent satellite has a similar frequency. That did the trick for me. Had the same issue with Frequency 11842 on 97W but got past that as well. The larger the dish, the more it concentrates the signal off of the one satellite that you are aiming at and the less signal it picks up from adjacent satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)