Signal Loss Problems 110 and 119

ntnylns

Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I have searched these forums for days and can't find enough info to fix my problem so I am sorry if I am asking stupid or frequently asked questions but here it goes. I have had dish for years now and have installed several different systems as we moved or upgraded but I am now having problems I have never dealt with. I have 2 dish 300 dishes, one for 119 and one for 110. I had them installed 100 feet apart and had the sw21 right before going in the house. The trees have grew quite a bit since we moved in and I was losing 119. I decided to move both dishes to the location of the 110 dish. I set up and installed both dishes in the same location and that is when my problems started. Both dishes when pointed initially gave 90 signal strength but after installing the sw21 I lost the 110. After a few days of tweaking with no results I happened to run another switch test before starting tweaking for another day and the 110 came in but lost the 119 even transponders. I repositioned the 119 and got the best signal I could at 70. It then started losing the 119 evens during light rain or clouds and I have now lost the 119 evens all the time. I still have around 70 on the odd transponders. The current configuration is the two dishes on a wooden post with about 3 feet of cable to the switch, followed by 100 foot of buried cable to a signal amplifier, then 30 feet going in the the receiver (dvr 510). I have replaced the switch and flipped the lnbs and still get the same problems. If the cable can carry the 110 without loss, should it be able to carry the 119 also? Any suggestions on what to try next?

signal

if you find an ans. let me know i'm having the same problem w/105 and when i do get signal, max is 45

cobra55 said:
if you find an ans. let me know i'm having the same problem w/105 and when i do get signal, max is 45

A 45 on the 105?!? :eek: That's not good anywhere you live. From personal experience, the minimum the 105 should be at is 50. Depending on what part of the country, I've heard of levels higher than 90. I would definately get that checked out. Either your dish is aligned wrong, or you have a bad LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)