signal on 129 has went way down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
checked a few days ago and most transponders on 129 were showing 60 to 80 strength, now they are low 40s, transponders 18,22,and 26 are the worst at low and middle 30s. right now there are no picture problems. i'm just wondering why 129 jumped down so much when on 110 and 119 the signal is around 80

Try again and see if it improved, could be temporary. Otherwise, the usual answer, trees?

Other than an LNB problem I got nothing else. I'm not sure low readings indicate an LNB problem, usually the signal just starts to fail, but maybe others have more experience with failing LNB's......

I'm getting mid 60's on the transponders the OP listed. Sounds like LNB issues or dish is in need of a repoint.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Check your signals on the 119 and 110 sats against the chart too. If they're also lower than average for the respective transponders, and there are no trees in the way as you previously stated, then your dish has come slightly out of alignment.

I set up a replacement receiver Wednesday, 6/29, and I noticed low signals on 129.
Today I have 60 on 129-19 (chart=44) and 57 on 129-30 (chart=41) . On 119-21 I have 84 versus chart=72.

I know the signal on 129 is usually than 110 and 119 since 129 is mostly using 8PSK, but 30 is just too low of a signal. To me if it's at least 40, then you should be OK. I usually get between 40-60 (depending on TP) using a 1000+ and I haven't had any problems except during a really bad storm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)