Signal Problem with Transponders

Eufdd

Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Hey everyone, I am having a problem that I can't seem to fix. I'm hoping that all the brain power hear can help me.

This is what I have:
LNB:CM-DP-TWIN-2
IRD:dp510 sub'd
Software:p302
Remote address: 11 (don't know if this matters)

When I change the channels I receive a message:

"The satellite signal has been lost, signal acquisition is in progress. Please wait, or press the up or down key to change channels."

It appears that my even transponders are not working.

When this problem first started it was in the spring and I thought it might be the new tree growth on the property. So I moved the dish with no fix. I then changed the LNB head thinking it might be bad, again no fix. The LNB was borrowed so I put the old LNB back on the dish. During the trouble shooting phase I used my meter and noted the changes in voltage from the receiver when it changed transponders from odd to even. So the receiver appears to be good. The signal strength meter shows 100+ on most odd transponders for the 119sat and 110sat. But not all odd transponders show a signal.

The setup menu shows:
Input 1 2
Satellite 119 110
Polarity odd odd
Device Twin Twin

Status reception Verified
LNB Status: Direct Connect a DP Twin
DP Twin-2 119 odd 110 odd

Some Channel I get and some I don't Any ideals?

Another point is this receiver is located away from it sub'd area because I relocated during differnent times of the year for contract work. The ird does receive all channels at its sub'd home.

TIA for all the help.

did you check the fittings on your line? make sure the spike is sticking out of the fittings, not flush with the edge. any ground blocks or wall plates between the dish and ird? check any ground blocks for moisture damage and replace if needed. if all of your connections look ok you may need to replace the whole line. you can check this by just running a cable from the dish to ird in through a window or door real quick. if all else fails, get the BFH!

On the side of the DP-TWIN facing the dish is a plate with numbers and letters on it look for CCS-9601. DISH had a bunch of these that were bad. The most common symptom was loss of one polarity. DISH will replace this TWIN free of charge including shipping.

LNB:CM-DP-TWIN-2

The CM in the above text denotes Channel Master. This is the infamous 9601 DP-twin that eventually fails. Usually you loose all even or odds. Apparently at some time dish added a check that would show easily that there was a 9601(channel master) DP twin in the system. Once replaced the text above will be the same but without the CM.

Yep... swapout the DPTwin... if that doesn't fix it, then it's probably a wire or barrel not up to spec that burned out... doubt it though. Swap out the LNBF first.

You guys rock. Absolutely Correct. I looked and sure have the 9601 dual LNB. Call and a replacement is on the way. I let you know if it doesn't fix it. Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)