Signal problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

doc048

Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
I am trying to set up a Coolsat 4000 pro system with a motorized mount and a dual lnb. Cannot get any signal today after it was getting some signal according to the signal meter on the tv display yesterday. The motor moves but checking the volatage at the LNB and it is just a trace voltage of about .5 volts. Any ideals as the the problem. I am not that familiar with FTA

I am trying to set up a Coolsat 4000 pro system with a motorized mount and a dual lnb. Cannot get any signal today after it was getting some signal according to the signal meter on the tv display yesterday. The motor moves but checking the volatage at the LNB and it is just a trace voltage of about .5 volts. Any ideals as the the problem. I am not that familiar with FTA

Need a little more info

-Dish Size
-what type of LNB are you using
-what are you trying to pick up
-general location

We can give much more accurate info if he have some more info :D

I am trying to set this system for a friend of mine. It is a 33 inch dish and I am not sure about the LNB. He got the system from an online site and they were not much help. Our location is LAT:46.76 and LONG:78.. I am thinking of a problem at the motor end going to the lnb. Should it have a voltage greater than 10 volts dc and it doesn't. Anything else I should know about it would help

Ok…so we’re dealing with somewhere around Sudbury, ON :D

The true south is AMC5….

I would hook it up without the motor so you know the LNB is working. Hok the LNB to the receiver. On the coolsat, select AMC5 and see what the signal strength and quality are. Quality should be around 0 unless you are close to the signal.

Select 11742 V 11110 as the transponder and try to aim the dish south. Quality is all that matters. Once you get a decent quality, the bar turns green

make sure the LO frequency is 10750......if the LNB is Universal, then that is a different story

Actually we are in Upper Michigan. So if I get a signal without the motor then the problem is with the motor or at least the part that goes to the lnb

doc048 said:
Actually we are in Upper Michigan. So if I get a signal without the motor then the problem is with the motor or at least the part that goes to the lnb

whoops...guess my GPS is off :D

correct...well, sort of

You need the right signal from the LNB to the receiver. Once we know what type of LNB it is, then the receiver can be set up correctly to receive the signal.

See if there are any markings on it :)

Thanks for your help. I'll get more info in the next day or so and I will know more about the problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts