Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Yesterday we had a pretty good thunderstorm, it had a lot of lightining and thunder. I had all of my equipment (tv's, audio receivers, fta equipment, DirecTV equipment, etc..) unplugged from the electical outlets and from the LNB in. There was one receiver, a HR21-PRO that I own, that I had failed to unhook from the LNB input. When I went and plugged everything back up after the storm, I kept getting the no signal error on all of the DirecTv receivers (HR34, HR24-200, HR24-100, and HR21-P200). I went and changed out the LNB, as I keep an extra for occasions such as this, and I got the same result. All I can figure is some way the SWM-16 switch is messed up. I can get a few odd transponders on 101 but I dont seem to be able to get anything from 103 or 99w. The HDMI output on the HR21-PRO does not work anymore, and it seems to have messed up the HDMI input 1 on my Sony Bravia TV that it was hooked up to, HDMI inputs 2 and 3 still work on that TV, so I can use those. I have the protection plan from DirecTV, and they are supposed to come out on Wednesday to find out what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas about if a nearby lightining strike could have caused the switch (SWM 16) to fail, and the HDMI out on the HR21-P to mess up? Also, since the HR21-P is marked as owned in DirecTV's system, will they replace it with another HR21-P? I have read that if you have the protection plan, that an owned receiver is replaced with other equipment, it is considered owned as well, is that the case? I have tried to read the fine print of the Protection Plan, but I could not find out anything as far as owned vs leased equipment. Your help and suggestions will be appreciated.

Sounds like the SWM channels are messed up. Is the power supply still working? As for the owned receivers, I couldn't tell you. I'm sure somebody else can chime in on it though

It's been a long time since I hooked one up using the BBC converters, but in order to at least have some live TV, couldn't I take two lines in from the LNB that are now hooked up to the malfunctioning SWM and use one of my HR24's and have the two lines hooked up to the LNB1 and LNB2 on the back using the BBC's and bypass the SWM switch? I know that the HR34 won't work since it is SWM only. I thought it would be nice to be able to at least watch something live though. I shouldn't have let that installer take my SWM 8 SL3 LNB when they installed the SWM 16 switch. I could have at least had the HR34 with one wire that way.

bobvick said:
It's been a long time since I hooked one up using the BBC converters, but in order to at least have some live TV, couldn't I take two lines in from the LNB that are now hooked up to the malfunctioning SWM and use one of my HR24's and have the two lines hooked up to the LNB1 and LNB2 on the back using the BBC's and bypass the SWM switch? I know that the HR34 won't work since it is SWM only. I thought it would be nice to be able to at least watch something live though. I shouldn't have let that installer take my SWM 8 SL3 LNB when they installed the SWM 16 switch. I could have at least had the HR34 with one wire that way.

Yes, just run straight from the dish to the receiver. You'll just need to add the bbc's and rerun the satellite setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)