Signal problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Long story short, sat signals on all 3 EA sats have been dropping slowly since April, to the point now that no channels come in without major pixelation. Tech yesterday realigned, replaced LNB, outside and inside connectors, diplexer outside and triplexer inside. Signal meter looked good inside (not quite great, but good enough), but the picture quality did not improve and signal strengths reported on the 722 were still marginal at best (20s-30s). Tech insisted that it was my internal wiring or the box itself. I stopped him there as wiring would have been a major ordeal due to vaulted ceilings and limited attic crawl space, and I didn't want to swap boxes until I had a chance to move recordings.

I want to try to rule out the cabling by moving the 722 to the TV2 location that has a newer direct line from the outside diplexer. Do I need to switch the lines on the outside diplexer before doing so, or does it matter?

Reactions: TheKrell
So, it appears to be the box. I switched cables at the diplexer and connected the 722 at the TV2 location. No change in signal/picture. I did discover that if I take the triplexer out of the loop and connect the coax directly to sat1 in I get a usable picture. At least I have 1 tuner working until I get programs moved off and have a new box shipped.

So, it appears to be the box. I switched cables at the diplexer and connected the 722 at the TV2 location. No change in signal/picture. I did discover that if I take the triplexer out of the loop and connect the coax directly to sat1 in I get a usable picture. At least I have 1 tuner working until I get programs moved off and have a new box shipped.

Maybe the triplexer is bad?

Maybe the triplexer is bad?
I was expecting that. The tech replaced the triplexer as well. Even though the signal meter outside showed good, I'm still getting only in the 20s on the point dish screen even without the triplexer in the loop (verified the same at both locations).

Reactions: JSheridan
I was expecting that. The tech replaced the triplexer as well. Even though the signal meter outside showed good, I'm still getting only in the 20s on the point dish screen even without the triplexer in the loop (verified the same at both locations).

We've seen more than a few old 722K's do the same thing.

I'm just saying that my time with traditional MVPD delivery is limited, and will be much shorter than the 722's EOL.

We've seen more than a few old 722K's do the same thing.
So, I'm receiving my replacement 722 on Tuesday or Wednesday. I've got a sinking feeling that the replacement won't fix my problem. But I can't imagine what else it could be. Are you saying you've seen tuners go bad on the 722 before? Or maybe the box is not sending enough power to the LNB?

So, I'm receiving my replacement 722 on Tuesday or Wednesday. I've got a sinking feeling that the replacement won't fix my problem. But I can't imagine what else it could be. Are you saying you've seen tuners go bad on the 722 before? Or maybe the box is not sending enough power to the LNB?

We have seen tuners go bad on 722K. Haven't seen a 722 in a long time. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts