signal problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mpbronco

Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
trying to install a new system and i only get a signal on the even transponders on sat 101 nothing on odd numbers and nothing on other sats. is this an aiming problem. the sig. on even transp. is 89 to 91 on all of them. it is an oval three lnb dish.

Oh I hate to ask this question.

Was a Receiver hooke into the Line Going to the Dish and Plugged in when you connected the coax to it or to the LNB?

EDIT: Have you tried power cycling the receiver or anything connected to the LNB (Unplug then re-plug)

everything was connected before i plugged in the receiver. should i try something else? i do not understand why i get a good signal on the evens and nothing on the odds.

mpbronco said:
everything was connected before i plugged in the receiver. should i try something else? i do not understand why i get a good signal on the evens and nothing on the odds.

Odds and evens are voltage switched. to get the other sats they use a voltage switch and 22khz tone.

Have you tried unplugging and plugging back in the receiver? Also check to see if all the wires are terminated properly, and that none of the braid is touching any of the center diodes.

mpbronco said:
trying to install a new system and i only get a signal on the even transponders on sat 101 nothing on odd numbers and nothing on other sats. is this an aiming problem. the sig. on even transp. is 89 to 91 on all of them. it is an oval three lnb dish.
Oftenly, this is a connector/cable problem. You can not get all TPs at between 89 to 91 all of them, because there strong and weak TPs in the line. If any of the installation involved with older cable, check it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts