signal quality on ONN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Up until a few days ago I could hit high 90s to occasionally 100 on ONN on Gal. 17 I heard that horizons 2 was taking it's place and Gal. 17 was moving to take the place of Gal. 11 Since then about the best signal I get from ONN is 50. I can't get any signal on G10R. Has anyone else experienced a decrease in Ku signals on ONN or does my dish need some peaking?

I'm also getting no KU signals on Gal 11

Last edited:
I am assuming this is a motorized installation (since you refer to G-10R, which is across the arc from Galaxy 17). If you are getting nothing on G-10R (on any transponder), then your arc is probably off. Has there been a storm with heavy winds lately? Can you get any other satellites between these two?

ONN did drop a little bit but that is normal. It fluxuates all the time but to not get G10 means the motorized is not 100% set up right

Hey guys, thanks for your replies. Yes it's a 10 ft motorized C/KU setup. It's tracking the arc for C band just fine. On G10R I can get the outdoor channel 2 HD with quality in the 90s. We have had some wind yes. I also can't get any KU signal from Galaxy 11. I have read on here that G10 is dying. I also have read that horizons 2 is replacing Gal. 17 while, G17 moves over to take the place of Gal. 11. I figured if these sats were dying maybe that's why the signals are weak so, I wanted to find out if anyone else was having problems. I definitely think my alignment has gotten off somehow. It's gonna be about 40 here today so I'm gonna play around with it since I have the day off.

Should I be trying to peak my True south first? It's 87W. I am noticing the PBS HD channel also has lower signal. I can receive it though. I have to bump the dish to get it. I'm sure something is out of whack.

yes try and peak on your true south first. C-Band is more forgiving especially on a bigger dish. My 6 footer I can get C-band great but KU can be a bugger to pull in

yes try and peak on your true south first. C-Band is more forgiving especially on a bigger dish. My 6 footer I can get C-band great but KU can be a bugger to pull in

Hey thanks Ice. I just went out and adjusted the elevation 1 flat. I got PBS to go from about 40 to 70 quality. ONN is high 80s. I now get good signal from G10R 70s-80s. That's up from Zero so I'd say pretty significant:) Galaxy 11 has gone from Zero to 75-85 on 12060 V 26700.

Now white springs is only about 25. How strong is white springs normally? That appears to be the farthest west KU satellite I can check. If you know more, I'd love to hear it. I'm trying to make sure both ends of the arc are ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)