Signal/Receiver Help??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Try post number 3.
Since that is the Topic Starter.
Not Tony From CT.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Ah, I see. You used TS and I likened that to Tony S because he was the latest poster you've been having a discourse with. We haven't heard from the 'OP " (Original Poster) since Wednesday...

Ah, I see. You used TS and I likened that to Tony S because he was the latest poster you've been having a discourse with. We haven't heard from the 'OP " (Original Poster) since Wednesday...
It happens.

Wonder what locations are considered a low signal area?
Does dish have a list?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Only 2 satellites instead of 3. Easier to set up and a smaller window needed for 61.5 and 72.7, no need to see 77.
Only having 61.5 and 72.7 available would mean no locals where I am right now. The only usable hole through the trees lets me hit 72.7 and 77, but not the wider spread 61.5 and 72.7. Fortunately, the Jacksonville, FL locals are still available on 77. Not the first time that situation has occurred. The 1K4 is easier to set up in my opinion and experience than the 1K2. A couple of bits of aluminum foil and a decent meter makes EA aiming pretty easy when the skew is nearly flat, and the fine tuning features of the 1K4 mount make peaking the signal very easy compared to the 1K2. After the first few times of setting up my 1K4, I gave away my 1K2 a couple of years ago. Because we change locations frequently, I don't have any direct signal comparisons, but our overall impression is that we're seeing less rain fade with the 1K4. If I thought the 1K2 EA dual LNBF would be a significant improvement, I could easily adapt the 1K4 arm to use one, just as I will adapt it to use the new hybrid LNBF when we decide to upgrade to an H3.

Reactions: Troch77
And here's my 2 cents:

I've installed literally hundreds each of both 1000.4 EA and 1000.2 EA dishes and can say without hesitation that in our area the 1000.2 gets much better signals. I don't want to get into some circular debate about dish sizes, aligning tools or the rest. I'm just stating what I've seen over the years with my own 2 eyes.

Reactions: KAB
And here's my 2 cents:

I've installed literally hundreds each of both 1000.4 EA and 1000.2 EA dishes and can say without hesitation that in our area the 1000.2 gets much better signals. I don't want to get into some circular debate about dish sizes, aligning tools or the rest. I'm just stating what I've seen over the years with my own 2 eyes.

Ok, when I get the time and availability, I'll grab a 1K2 EA and see how much difference there is in the signal levels. The dual LNBF obviously won't help in those situations where I need 77 though.

Reactions: JSheridan
And here's my 2 cents:

This is exactly the same thing that the Dish tech told me when he came out to re-peak my dish. He said he had been installing for a long time. From what I saw, the tech spent a long time trying to peak my 1000.4EA dish before giving up with unacceptably low signal strengths. After replacing my dish with a 1000.2EA, he was able to point the new dish quickly, and the signal strengths increased dramatically.

I changed from a 1000.2 western arc to a 1000.2 eastern arc with the LNBF Hybrid
prior to receiving my Hopper 3. It took me more time to build the cables and replace
the LNBF than to aim it. It took no time to peak the dish.

I have another eastern arc 1000.2 LNBF Hybrid on my tower. That 1 was a pain to aim
and peak. But once I got it setup and peaked I realized what I was doing wrong and
what I should have been doing. As the old saying goes "Hind sight is 20-20."

I had tried a 1000.4 eastern arc with a Dish Pro + LNBF and had a hell of a time aiming
and peaking it. I could get the 72 and 77 satellites peaked good but what I tried 61.5 was
very low. I gave up and went back to my 1000.2 western arc dish. This was about 12 years
ago before the latest 61.5 satellite was launched.

But knock on wood so far my Hopper 3 is working great with my main eastern arc 1000.2
Hybrid LNBF. It is on a 10' 5" pole in my backyard. It held my C band dish before I made
the switch to Dish Network.

If I decide to switch to the 1k2 EA dual LNBF for those times I don't need 77, I think I'll just do the arm mod so I can still use my 1K4 dish and mount. That will work as well when I decide to upgrade to an H3 and the hybrid LNBF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)