signal strength - alignment issue?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

charlie123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
My set up consists of a 76cm Winegard dish with HH90 motor and pansat 2700A.

I lined up the dish to IA5 and the best signal strength I could get was 60%. When I move the dish with the motor to Anik F1 I get no signal whatsoever. Some other satellites I get a signal from . However most are weak.

My question is two fold. What is the best signal strength I could expect from zip 48103 (southeast michigan) on IA 5? Why would I not be getting a signal from Anik F1? I know there is not much on there but anyway. Also no good signal strenght with AMC2. The dish as it is was optimized to hit IA5. Why would I not be getting a good signal of the other sats?

I checked the mast again and it is level.

Any suggestions?

charlie123 said:

I lined up the dish to IA5 and the best signal strength I could get was 60%. When I move the dish with the motor to Anik F1 I get no signal whatsoever. Some other satellites I get a signal from . However most are weak.

My question is two fold. What is the best signal strength I could expect from zip 48103 (southeast michigan) on IA 5? Why would I not be getting a signal from Anik F1? I know there is not much on there but anyway. Also no good signal strenght with AMC2. The dish as it is was optimized to hit IA5. Why would I not be getting a good signal of the other sats?

Any suggestions?

You mentioned Anik F1. That is a C-Band sat and therefore you will not be able to pick up anything off that sat. If you were refering to AnikF1R, even that sat will not have any channels as its for Starchoice and encrypted with a non-DVB signal.

In reference to AMC 2, That sat (85w) doesn't have much to tune in to. Getting no signal from that sat can be normal at times unless there is a feed running.

Is there any other sats that you've tried or is it just these ones that you are not getting a good signal with?

charlie123 said:

Any suggestions?

Signal strength means almost nothing on digital . Signal quality is what gets you a picture .

Wyr

alignment issue?

I get a good signal from IA5 = 60%, good signal from G3R as well.

Anyone have any data on IA5 from Michigan? I read that people have quality of 90+%. I don't get anywhere close to that with my 76cm dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)