Signal strength for HD channels

KoreAmBear

Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I live in Hawaii and DISH is doing a spot beam on transponder 23 off the 110. It's supposed to create a great signal for HD channels. However, mine is coming in at around 56 or 55, and the channels basically don't work.

I recently had a guy route the dish cables underneath some flooring in my patio. He put it the cables in a tube and reconnects at where the junction box is, attached to the wall of my home. But the tube itself isn't sealed and has been flooded. I can't imagine that the water is causing the reception problems, but could it?

Supposedly, other people in Hawaii are getting the 110 transponder 23 fine - I had someone come by and tune it but he couldn't figure out why such a weak signal. Any clues what the heck is happening?

Funny but some of the HD locals are fine, as well as some of the HD 9000 channels that are still accessible (like HD movies, HD net).

Will in Hawaii

Sounds like a dish peak problem. You need to get your dish to be repointed for maximum signal strength on that transponder . OF course if the cables get flooded where they are connected together if you use a barrel connecter , then you would have problems too. BUt I think it sounds to me like a dish repointing is needed. Call DISH and see if they will send someone out to repoint your dish and check your signal strengths.

Hmm..the DISH guy did come out

He did try to tune the 1 meter DISH to catch the 110 spot beam, but it wasn't working too well. He left scratching his head and mentioned that there is a chance it could be the water in the tube where the cables are.

It would seems that the cables could handle all that water, but what do I know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts