Signal strength for the 103 (c) sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aztracker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I live in Phoenix and I happened to notice that the signal strength for the 103 (c) sat on all transponders seems really low. Generally the values are in the 60s and 70s with an absolute clear view of the sky. Is this normal?

I never really had any problems until just a couple weeks ago when we had some storms move through. When the rain was coming down pretty heavy it made sense when the signal cut out. But after the rain let up and it was only drizzling, I was surprised that I was still getting drop outs. That's what kinda led me to look at the signal levels. I am not sure if the wind associated with the storms caused a slightly unfavorable change in the dish alignment? What I do know is my installer back in February was running very late that day and wound up having to align the dish in the dark. Is it possible that she just left it marginally acceptable given that bad weather in Phoenix is few and far between.

The signal strengths on the other sats seem ok. Most transponders on the 101 sat are in the 90s.

I live in Phoenix and I happened to notice that the signal strength for the 103 (c) sat on all transponders seems really low. Generally the values are in the 60s and 70s with an absolute clear view of the sky. Is this normal?

I never really had any problems until just a couple weeks ago when we had some storms move through. When the rain was coming down pretty heavy it made sense when the signal cut out. But after the rain let up and it was only drizzling, I was surprised that I was still getting drop outs. That's what kinda led me to look at the signal levels. I am not sure if the wind associated with the storms caused a slightly unfavorable change in the dish alignment? What I do know is my installer back in February was running very late that day and wound up having to align the dish in the dark. Is it possible that she just left it marginally acceptable given that bad weather in Phoenix is few and far between.

The signal strengths on the other sats seem ok. Most transponders on the 101 sat are in the 90s.

Your SS is low for that sat, it should be about 85 and up.
Yes , it's possible that she did not get a real good point, did you check signals back then ?
It's also possible that the storm knocked it out of alignment, are all the nuts and bolts tight still ?

Jimbo

The dish is on the roof and I don't have a ladder. I am renting the house so it's not really worth it to me to buy one. Does Directv charge for service calls?

The dish is on the roof and I don't have a ladder. I am renting the house so it's not really worth it to me to buy one. Does Directv charge for service calls?
If you have the Protection plan, NO
Otherwise YES, it's like $ 75 last I checked.
Can they move the dish OFF of the roof, onto a pole in the yard, thats much more practical if you need to get to it for any reason as well.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts