signal strength issues

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
I live in Andover KS (67002). I have a Dish 1000 (I think) a 622 and a 625. I get my local OTA and I pay for a lot of stations ( I am not sure what plan) and HD. I know very little about the nuts and bolts of how this whole thing works, but lately I have been getting screens telling me the signal has been lost or about problems with my switch. I do the things it tells me to do and generally things are ok. This happens even in clear weather. After reading some recent posts here I checked out my signal strengths and on 129 my readings are generally between 50 and 55. Is this a problem that dish should look at? Or is it even a problem?

Occasionally, dishes move out of alignment due to wind or snow. I had this happen when I lived in Ohio. You may need to have it repointed, and if you've never done it before, call a professional. It's a very difficult thing to get right when more than 1 sat location is involved.

Yes that is way to low for the 129. It is a weak and problimatic bird. However that is too weak. I would have it re-peaked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts