Signal Strength - Newbie Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cprickett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Signal Quality - Newbie Question

I apologize if this is a repeat post. I did a search and spent about 2 hours trying to find the answer, but was unsuccessful.

I have a 522 and a 510. The signal quality in the setup screen on my 510 is 110 - 115. The quality on my 522 is 95-100. The RG6 run from the dish to the 510 is shorter than the run to the 522.

1. Is this the reason for the loss of signal quality to the 522 the length of the cable?
2. Or, is the DPP switch that used to split a single output into two for the 522 the reason?
3. Would I get a better signal quality if I re-run the feed to the 522 and use a shorter route?
4. Does any of this matter since I have signal quality between 95-100 on one receiver and above 100 on another?

Thanks for your help.

cprickett said:
I apologize if this is a repeat post. I did a search and spent about 2 hours trying to find the answer, but was unsuccessful.

I have a 522 and a 510. The signal strength in the setup screen on my 510 is 110 - 115. The strength on my 522 is 95-100. The RG6 run from the dish to the 510 is shorter than the run to the 522.

1. Is this the reason for the loss of signal strength to the 522 the length of the cable?
2. Or, is the DPP switch that used to split a single output into two for the 522 the reason?
3. Would I get a better signal strength if I re-run the feed to the 522 and use a shorter route?
4. Does any of this matter since I have signal strength between 95-100 on one receiver and above 100 on another?

Thanks for your help.
I just had a 625/522 installed. The installer said to ad 15 to it's signal strength (nature of the beast). So you are right on. Relax and forget it.

The reading is signal quality, not strength. Very little relation to cable length or losses.

Reading is dif for dif receivers and range is set by internal software. I can remember when 80 was best you could do.

The dual tuners have a different software suite and report signal strength differently. I find it's usually about 10 down. So long as your signal on transponders 11 and 12 are both over 85 you'll have no problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)