Signal Strength Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

boulderdentist

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
1000.2 Dish, Western Arc with 222K receiver receiving 110, 119, and 129. Sunday evening in Denver, CO was checking signal strength ahead of anticipated snow storm Monday. Strength on 110 and 119 were normal and average. However on 129 transponders 16-32 were pegged at full green bar and numeral of 125. I checked at about 11:15, 11:30, and 11:45 with the same results. The next morning readings had retreated to normal ranges of 20's to 40's. Anyone experience this?

Next question. My readings on 110 and 119 are equal to or better than table of minimum and averages. Yet 129 seems somewhat less. 129 trans 19 is 25, 20 is 25, 29 is 23, 30 is 26. From the table looks like 129 should be in the low 40's. Why is 129 low if 119 is "peaked"? I obtained my azimuth, elevation, and skew from Dishpointer,com. I have observed this from late summer into fall and now that leaves are gone from trees believe this removes obstruction from leaves or branches from the equation. I would like to maximize signal strength on 129 for the upcoming winter snow storms.

Thanks for any input and insight.

Scott

The issue with the pegged transponders was probably a fluke or glitch in the receiver, if you had unplugged the receiver from power for 10 secs and plugged it back in, it probably would have cleared.

The low signal on 129 sounds like an alignment issue, skew might be slightly off. We normally reference transponder 11 for 110 & 119 and a good signal is high 60s for 110 and high 50s for 119. With 129, the transponders change so much it is hard to pick a consistent transponder, but it's signal is usually less that 119, I am happy with mid 40s to low 50s. It is a bit hard to explain, but you can get out of alignment and still have decent signal on 2 of the 3 and have low on the 3rd.

I live a bit west of you, and signal levels vary, but yours does sound low for 129.

P.S. FWIW, my father was a dentist, retired about 10 years ago. :)

Well I'm not going to say what I really want to so.....

But obviously by his post, English is non existing.
I'll leave it at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts