Signal Strength Sampling v1.1o, 6.1o Misleading

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bradley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Signal Strength Sampling v1.1o, 6.1o Misleading...?

I reside in Turlock, CA's (west coast, central valley).

I have, for quite some time, problems with pixilation and signal dropouts since my service began in Feb 04. Example; as recently as last night reception was so bad I couldn't watch any programming provided by Voom.

It just so happened that I was scheduled for a dish upgrade to a 30" to be installed today. When Installs Inc called yesterday to confirm the install I specifically asked then to confirm an install of a 30" dish, which they confirmed. The installer showed up w/o a dish BUT then proceeded to install a new STB. Needless to say this is quite irritating.

I still have pixilation and signal dropouts.

With the upgrade of v1.1o, 6.1o on 072704 I noticed a substantial change in the sampling rate of both OTA and Satellite signal. With the new v1.1o, 6.1o signal strength showed no variations leading me to believe sampling has decreased substantially. Both consumer and installer will get false impressions as to signal quality by the lack of sampling.

The STB has v5.o8 and shows signal variations that EXCEED 20% in peek to low signal strength.

I contacted Voom and attempted to explain the issue with a CSR and they were helpful in getting a new install date for another receiver and 30" for 080504 8 to 11 AM.

Bradley F Hallihan II

hallihan@sbcglobal.net

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts