signal strength test?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

db54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
I know that it's best to test signal strength on various transponders of 101, 110 & 119 but are there certain transponders that i should use on each sat for optimum strength testing? I live in northeastern north carolina. i have a long cable run (approx. 100-125ft.) and most transponders on 101 give me average low 90's, on 110 80 is the highest on transponder 8 and 119 avg. 90-95 with transponder 30 & 31 avg. 99-100.

also, when running a system test on 101, on occassion the msg. "found wrong satellite" will pop up for about 3 seconds and disappear but the test runs ok. what causes this to happen?

also, when running a system test on 101, on occassion the msg. "found wrong satellite" will pop up for about 3 seconds and disappear but the test runs ok. what causes this to happen?

I was getting this message the other night when i installed my pahse III system as well. As it turns out the problem was a Multiswitch signal combinder that was in the line to combine the OTA and Sat signals onto one cable. When removed the multi switch i no longet had this problem at all. Do you have a setup like mine? If so that will be your problem you can't run a phase III dish that way.

Seanb61, being a newbie at this stuff, i have no idea whether there is a combiner in my setup or not. there is no inline combiner that i know of. i do have the 18x24 oval dish with 3 lnb's and receive my locals via sat. 119. I also stated incorrectly that the "wrong satellite found" came when running the system test. It happens when checking signal strength on sat 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)