Signal strength with both a 722 and 522 installed

king_of_tipton

Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Hi all. I just had a 722 installed last Saturday. I kept my 522 for use in another room. My signal strength was consistantly in the high 90's and 100 before the 722 was added. Now I'm lucky to get 60 on both receivers. The tech added a triple lnb, but did not run another line from the dish. He added 2 splitters to each receiver. 1 to split the signal for each tuner, and another for home distribution. I'm sure that is the reason for the signal loss, but I'm not satisfied with it. I'm concerned about the signal strength I'll get during bad weather. Should I call the installer back out to rework the install or is that normal for my type of set-up?

Thanks in advance.

That's the way it works, when using diplexers and separators, you will lose signal. If you don't want that, you will have to have several more lines run and buy expensive switches. If your current signals are in the 60 - 70 range you should not have any problems and you should only worry about them if you do experience signal loss in bad weather. I went through the concerns you brought up and have not had any more signal losses even with the lower numbers.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

My signal strength is usually at or below 60 on all of the 110 and 119s. The main reason I was concerned was due to some pixelation and audio skip on some of the HD channels. That seems to have been taken care of by the first software update.

Can I pick your brain for one more question please? Do I still need the attenuator on each receiver to output TV2? I want to be able to watch each receiver on the opposite tv but the tech didnt put them on.

Last edited: