Signal Strength With Different LNB's

Gentleman

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
New Orleans
Hope someone can help me.

I have 2 301-10's and I had a 121 SD installed that took a beating during Katrina, now that my locals are on 110, tp 23, spot 12 I took the SD down and reinstalled my old 500 using a new DP500 twin, peaked the dish and getting near or over 100 on the signal screen for all 110 and 119 tp's, except for 119 tp 6 & 12 which I am only getting 50 or less, tried a second DP500 twin with the same excact results, for the heck of it I tried a legacy dual and all of my signals including the 119 6 & 12 is over 100. I am using rg6, swept tested to 2300 GHZ, with a cable run of less than 65'

Why, could I possibly have 2 defective DP500 twins ?

Bob

You may want to check and double check your connectors. You're having problems with Even TPs and with Dish Pro the even tps are in the higher frequencies 1650-2150 Mhz. Thus DP is more picky about cables and connectors. Since it's a short run and your cable is up to specs., my guess is the connectors.

Legacy uses voltage to switch TPs but all of them are in the 950-1450 Mhz frequencies.

One more thing, it's a good idea to clear the switch matrix when switching between legacy and Dish Pro.

I did clear the switch martrix, I did a visual on the connections and nothing was obvious, since the cable run is real short and easily accesible I am going to replace the cable and do a continious run from lnb to receiver, if that works then I will cut and install the grounding block, thanks for the reply it really had me baffled

Bob

So what do you have in between the lnbs and the receivers right now? Barrel connector, switch, ground block? I think it's a good idea to run a new cable straight to the receivers like you said.

Did you notice the difference on both receivers?

Sounds like the only difference is in the high frequency tuner in receiver, which is not used in legacy mode.

Yes the difference is the same in both receivers, tried one of the receivers at a neighbors house and all is well, I definitely have a problem at my house, just need to find where the problem is.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)