Signal Strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dish416

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Detroit
I recently switched from DirecTV to Dish and noticed that the signal strength in the 722k menu is super low. *I am not experiencing any signal disruption*, even in the rain. Is this normal? The technician told me that he was pulling high numbers on his signal meter and said the 722k does not show accurate signal strength.

True?

The dish meter is not a percentage meter. Notice that it goes to 125. Any signal above around 40 should not see rain fade during a normal storm.

The meter was renormalized more than 2 years ago. The max was 125 and is now under 100 with few/any reporting having more than 70. It is a relative scale and has no absolute significance.

If under say 15 (25 in the old days) you will always have trouble and the meter goes from green to yellow and then red. It is best to re-aim if it is below 30 (40 if you have rain or clouds) on the standard test transponders--see Menu+6+1+3 when not recording.

You can test if you can improve it by listening to the tone and applying finger pressure on the rim--not enough to shift it.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)