Signature Editing/Deletion?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
damaged said:
I forgot what your signature was, but perhaps this thread may be apropos?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71827

3 line rules deletes everything... :eek: mine was 4 lines.... We are getting locked into "rules".... Shouldn't the rule have dropped one line but not all of them. Was this done automatically or someone just zapped my entire signature? :confused:

Sean Mota said:
3 line rules deletes everything... :eek: mine was 4 lines.... We are getting locked into "rules".... Shouldn't the rule have dropped one line but not all of them. Was this done automatically or someone just zapped my entire signature? :confused:

I couldn't tell you, I am not staff. :)

I think it would drop the last line. The admin log would tell who edited it. I had the plug-in on my mboard before I upgraded to 3.6.1, which has it built in, but I don't remember it nuke a sig, just cutting the end of it off.

Sean Mota said:

Signatures have been removed but admin has to do that and there is usually a reason.

But Sean is staff which makes it even weirder

Sean,

I just checked over the log and it appears that the person to edit your signature was YOU.

Here is a shot of the log.

All the rest of the log was me fixing some tamplates used for our Members Home Theater feature.

Attachments

• sean.jpg
    sean.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 196
Scott something is goofy. I just added a signature but it doesn't show??

edit: now its working...weird

Iceberg,

Because of the new Database caching, sometimes common database calls such as signatures take about 30 to 60 second for the changes to be updated in the cache. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sean,

I just checked over the log and it appears that the person to edit your signature was YOU.

Here is a shot of the log.

All the rest of the log was me fixing some tamplates used for our Members Home Theater feature.

Well that is impossible... As I did not edit my signature at all yesterday and did not have a need to do so... But let's drop the matter as it is not important to me at this point.

That is strange Sean.

I know we wouldn't edit sigs without a good reason, but none of us would ever edit another staff's sig.

Scott's .sig is (6) lines. Iceberg's is (4) lines. The rule says they "should be no longer then 3 lines long" but is that a soft rule ??

Scott owns the site, Ice is a mod, I do not think it unreasonable that they allow themselves a larger signature, considering the work they do and the time they invest into this site, IMO, they deserve to have as long of a signature as they want. :).

Personally, I disagree, but it's not for me to decide.... I believe rules are rules and they apply to everyone and no one is special or exempt. On avatars, for example, you're not allowed to have "adult" type images (which I agree with 100%) but does that mean certain people can have those type avatars ?? Whether they would or not isn't the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)