Significantly Viewed channels in red?

Pinchhitter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Just noticed some locals from the Sacramento DMA appearing as red in my program guide. Is this what happens before they add SV channels? I am in the Northern part of the San Francisco DMA. Anyone know?

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
Are you in the Sacramento DMA?

Its possible there the High Def versions which would explain why they show up red if you don't have a Mpeg 4 Receiver if your in that DMA or have a waiver for it.

I'm not sure but I don't think they would show up at all (in any color) unless you had an MPEG4 receiver (example: HD channels don't show up on SD receivers at all). Plus, I don't think Sacremento HD locals are even uplinked. Even if they were, none of the MPEG4 local channels should show up in the EPG yet.

By any chance are the channels in red the following:

8638 KUVS TV 19 (Univision) Modesto/Stockton
8640 KTFK TV 64 (Telefutura) Stockton
8641 KTNC TV 42 (Azteca) Concord
8642 KSPX TV 29 ("i") Sacramento

These channels require a second dish or Dish 1000 and are available for FREE with FREE dish upgrade and installation. All you have to do is call dish to set up the install. No strings as long as you subscribe to locals when ordering the install through the install itself.

See ya
Tony

Unless hes already got locals they shouldn't show up at all in the Guide.

If he has locals they shouldn't be red. They should show as subscribed channels but when he tries to view them gets a "These channels require a second dish, call Dish" message to get it installed.

chaddux
I would assumed the same but anything can happen here lately it seems with Dishes Tech glitches.

This happened to me on 811 after sw update. For me it was related to digital
channels I had received at one time or other (kc and omaha) and were programmed
in the OTA numbers under 100 previously.

I had Showtime in my Favorites and dropped my subscription. It turned red in my Favorites, but would not let me delete it. Then we got a free weekend and it let me delete it after the free weekend.

The channels listed are KCRA (NBC), KQCA (WB), KOVR (CBS), KTXL (FOX), KMAX (UPN), KVIE (PBS), and KXTV (ABC). They only show up on my 811 and not on my other 2 receivers that are 311's, so I am guessing it has something to do with OTA that I pull in.

Yes they are still red and indicate I have to call dish to describe. I thought maybe they were rolling out significantly vieweds .

Ok so I think if you post the EPG channel numbers it would help. Are you looking at the 84xx (or whatever) channels ? or the 3, 6, 10 etc.

I get all the channels you mention (had to add the 1000 for the spanish ones mentioned by Tony) but I dont even see the HD versions.

They also show up on on my 5xx receivers.

I live in Phoenix and remember some of the 8000-level local channels were red when I was making changes to my favorites list last night. I have a 522 receiver.

"Numbers are 8630-8636". I checked this morning and those are not showing in my EPG. I'm also in the SF DMA. That's interesting that they are showing in your EPG.

This can happen on an 811.
For a while, the channels numbers in the 8000's for a neighboring DMA showed up in red. These were channels that I was pulling in with the the OTA tuner. Dish maps that channels to the #.1 channels for guide data.
A later software revision removed those channels from appearing in my guide, but I can still see them if I do a search.

I live in Rockin, and have a 522. I can't wait to get home to see what is going on with this channel business. I have to see this for myself. Wouldn't that be great if it was E* getting ahead of itself once again. Just like we have seen over the last month.

Tonight I noticed all of the 8000-level channels are not red. Maybe I was just seeing things before.
I just wish there was a way to keep these channels from showing up in the search results. It lists the same program on the same channel twice (regular local channel number and its cloned 8xxx channel). I tried locking the 8xxx channels and hiding locked but it didn't work. The search results just show the duplicates listed at channel 9400.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts