Simple Question(s)

gobraphil

Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
I have a dp twin BS1b2up201m lnb. Does it have an internal switch? Will a 311 receiver work with it?
I had a 301 receiver hooked to a directtv dish and upgraded receivers and it stopped working. So i had to upgrade the lnb....

Thanks!

If it is a TWIN it has a built in switch. If you are still using a Directv dish you probably don't have a DP Twin as it won't mount to a Directv dish.

Ok, i have "locked" in 110 w echostar (only 50 +)but absolutely can not find 119.
Should both be locked in at the same time. Sorry for the dumb newbie questions...

sorry for the confusion. I have a dish 500 dish.
two potential issues.
1.i have a rj-59 cable about 50 feet
2. There is a large pine tree in the line of sight of the 223 and 43. There is some space in there but i just wanted to add that.

Is the rj-59 a problem AND is the tree a Big problem?

More likely that the tree is a problem. 50 feet is a pretty short run. I have used 59 several times when it was already wired and it works fine. One thing to check is to make sure that you are getting the right satellite on the right eye of the LNBF. Cover the 110 eye and make sure that you aren't getting 119 on that instead. Then peak on that eye and run a check switch. You should be good to go (assuming you have your skew and elevation set right).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)