Sin City DVD

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Coolest. Movie. Ever.

Anybody check this out at home yet? I don't go to movies much at all, but the previews for this one looked so cool I was tempted. Instead, I waited for the DVD. Damn, does this movie look good. Sort of a film-noir, comic-book (excuuuuse me -- "graphic novel") come-to-life with ultra cool special effects, pretty pretty girls, spectacular and subtle splashes of color (sometimes hair, or eyes, or blood -- done really, really well) -- just beautiful imagery all around. Very artistic, very nice to look at. And the sound is just plain awesome as well. I've only listened to the dts version so far, but they also have a DD track. Both are 5.1. I've only watched it twice, and it's quickly becoming my favorite DVD, even though this just the bare-bones damn-near-free-of-extras non-special edition. I'm sure that soon there will be a "collectors edition" with all the commentaries and add-ons. And actually, now that I'm falling in love with this movie I just may break my rule about only buying one version of a movie (don't get me started on the money-grubbing bastards putting out what they know is a substandard DVD just as an attempt to get you to buy the same movie twice). But I'll be tempted to let the money-grubbing bastard have their way with me on this one. It's just that good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)