Since I cannot get all my OTA's in HD

nope. There are no distant HD nets on Dish. In fact there are no SD diatant channels on Dish

You would have to "move" to a nearby area that has all 4 nets

does that make me eligible for distant HD networks? My local networks do not broadcast FOX or NBC in HD or plan on doing it for a while.

All my locals are within 16 miles from my house. I solved the problem by hooking up my roof antenna to my rec. All of them are in HD. Problem solved.

Yes, but as the original poster commented, his local channels don't even broadcast in HD. I have a similar problem in that my NBC is in HD, but the Fox channel shares the antenna and is provided on a sub-channel, so therefore is not in HD. People in Fort Smith, AR have the opposite problem (Fox is in HD, the NBC channel is offered as a sub-channel).

I really do wish that Dish or anybody would offer some sort of HD channels for people that can't get them.

Yes, but as the original poster commented, his local channels don't even broadcast in HD. I have a similar problem in that my NBC is in HD, but the Fox channel shares the antenna and is provided on a sub-channel, so therefore is not in HD. People in Fort Smith, AR have the opposite problem (Fox is in HD, the NBC channel is offered as a sub-channel).

I really do wish that Dish or anybody would offer some sort of HD channels for people that can't get them.

I see. Sorry for misreading the post. I thought by now that all signals were being sent OTA in digital HD.

Nope. TV stations are only required to send them out in digital by 2009. There is no HD requirement.

Interesting. I guess I lucked out living in W. Palm Beach, FL. There are about 3 million people in this area.

Here in NC WRAL was the first channel to broadcast in HD. They were the pilot station in the country. I watch their local news because it's in HD not because it's my favorite. Believe it or not they started broadcasting in HD in 1999. :eek:WOW!!!

BB468