Sinclair/AT&T sign their deal...includes RSNs and Marquee

S

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
Interesting to see them use the generic phrase “21 RSN brands” rather than Fox Sports Net, or release whatever they are going to call it in the future.

With basketball and hockey starting, and “Fox Sports wherever” still being used, assume they will change the name in March?

JohnL

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
Funny how all of the SINCLAIR Stations run under (SUBSIDIARY in name only) DEERFIELD Media are NOT included, BOOO.

S

slice1900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2015
IA
Funny how all of the SINCLAIR Stations run under (SUBSIDIARY in name only) DEERFIELD Media are NOT included, BOOO.

If they included those in the negotiations they would lose their ability to claim they are under separate ownership.

AMike

AMike

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 25, 2010
Metro Atlanta
I think this clearly shows that one DBS provider values the RSNs, while the other doesn't. I realize sports is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a major factor for me. Yes, I may pay extra for that privilege and I am willing to do so.

I think one of the big gets with this deal is the Marquee network. To have that deal squared away before next baseball season begins is huge since the Cubs are a national brand thanks to their games being on WGN in the superstation era. Of course, MLB Extra Innings will be needed for out of market games.

Keeping the RSNs through the NBA and NHL seasons uninterrupted is key for sports fans. The only missing link currently is Altitude, but none of the big three have that channel, yet.

Reactions: AZ.
TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 1, 2004
D* has to have them for the all the sports bars.

Now if they could just get the Dodgers and The PAC 12 Network.

I wonder if they’ll change the name to either Sinclair Sports Networks or Marquee Sports Networks?

J

Joe The Dragon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 19, 2008
Marquee Sports Networks is the cubs name

S

slice1900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2015
IA
I would bet they will eventually change the name of the Fox Sports RSNs to Marquee Sports Network. The Cubs channel will be Marquee Sports Network Chicago, and so on.

S

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
I think they will use Marque only for the Cubs channel and the rest will be Diamond Sports. Sinclair registered that trademark, they don’t like to put their own name on things, and it is a pretty good name.

Reactions: NashGuy
J

Justy5

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2018
US
Wait till Directv is sold. AT&T will be the owners of a lot of the programming on the system. There will be outages and programming disputes left and right! It was a big mistake letting them buy Time Warner's media assets. We are going to pay the price if they sell Directv. Watch what I tell you.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Wait till Directv is sold. AT&T will be the owners of a lot of the programming on the system. There will be outages and programming disputes left and right! It was a big mistake letting them buy Time Warner's media assets. We are going to pay the price if they sell Directv. Watch what I tell you.
You mean there isn't enough programming disputes already ?

Fwiw,
At least ATT is trying to lower the cost of those channels demanding high dollar for some channels that don't support the cost ... many of these negotiations are getting stalled as the network is asking them to pay for channels that are not even a channel yet. Thats ridiculous.

Btw, there are programming disputes EVERYWHERE, not just ATT ... look around, they are affecting everyone, just depends on when the contract is up.

T

TxDTV

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 31, 2018
Texas
I dont know who owns our local Fox station, but its been off since May, which was no problem till today when i upgraded to 4k mini genie in my room, and the LCC doesn’t work with the mini’s...just great. I had the HR54 moved to the spare bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
I dont know who owns our local Fox station, but its been off since May, which was no problem till today when i upgraded to 4k mini genie in my room, and the LCC doesn’t work with the mini’s...just great. I had the HR54 moved to the spare bedroom.

Put the LCC on the HR54 ...

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
I done have antenna cable ran in that room yet, and even then, would the local OTA show up on the mini in my room?

There is No Ant input on the client at least the C-61k ... therefore I would say, the OTA channels will show up on the client once they are on the HR54.
At least thats the way my set up is.

Reactions: TxDTV
Howard Simmons

Howard Simmons

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
Northwest Florida

Go to the bottom of their website and it should tell you or go to the About Us. Or you could look it up on Wikipedia.:D

Reactions: Jimbo and TxDTV