Sinclair stations set to go dark on 9/27

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For the most part other than by blacking out many of their 'sidecar stations' they seem to be acting in good faith and at least for now they are trying to avoid an actual blackout. I am concerned when this gets around to Dish Network as they are tougher on the sports networks being bundled in than say, DirecTV.

Did they reach a new deal? The channel with DTV telling me about the dispute was removed, was 6-9(CBS)

Did they reach a new deal? The channel with DTV telling me about the dispute was removed, was 6-9(CBS)
I think the odds are good they got it done. I checked directvpromise.com yesterday and it still had language on the Sinclair dispute (ran a west Michigan zip code where they have a station). Today it says there is no dispute in the area.

If they did reach a deal that is likely a good sign for the future for Fox Sports Regional Nets as well as the possibility of the Cubs new network "Marquee".

I think the odds are good they got it done. I checked directvpromise.com yesterday and it still had language on the Sinclair dispute (ran a west Michigan zip code where they have a station). Today it says there is no dispute in the area.

If they did reach a deal that is likely a good sign for the future for Fox Sports Regional Nets as well as the possibility of the Cubs new network "Marquee".
I just got an email back from Sinclair Corporate HQ. from Suzanne Schauman and I quote: Thank you for your email. "We are still broadcasting while negotiating." So decide and discuss. I have nothing in this because I'm a Dish customer but I thought I'd let you all know.:glasses

Interesting to see them use the generic phrase “21 RSN brands” rather than Fox Sports Net, or release whatever they are going to call it in the future.

With basketball and hockey starting, and “Fox Sports wherever” still being used, assume they will change the name in March?

Funny how all of the SINCLAIR Stations run under (SUBSIDIARY in name only) DEERFIELD Media are NOT included, BOOO.

If they included those in the negotiations they would lose their ability to claim they are under separate ownership.

I think this clearly shows that one DBS provider values the RSNs, while the other doesn't. I realize sports is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a major factor for me. Yes, I may pay extra for that privilege and I am willing to do so.

I think one of the big gets with this deal is the Marquee network. To have that deal squared away before next baseball season begins is huge since the Cubs are a national brand thanks to their games being on WGN in the superstation era. Of course, MLB Extra Innings will be needed for out of market games.

Keeping the RSNs through the NBA and NHL seasons uninterrupted is key for sports fans. The only missing link currently is Altitude, but none of the big three have that channel, yet.

Reactions: AZ.
D* has to have them for the all the sports bars.

Now if they could just get the Dodgers and The PAC 12 Network.

I wonder if they’ll change the name to either Sinclair Sports Networks or Marquee Sports Networks?

I think they will use Marque only for the Cubs channel and the rest will be Diamond Sports. Sinclair registered that trademark, they don’t like to put their own name on things, and it is a pretty good name.

Reactions: NashGuy
Wait till Directv is sold. AT&T will be the owners of a lot of the programming on the system. There will be outages and programming disputes left and right! It was a big mistake letting them buy Time Warner's media assets. We are going to pay the price if they sell Directv. Watch what I tell you.

Wait till Directv is sold. AT&T will be the owners of a lot of the programming on the system. There will be outages and programming disputes left and right! It was a big mistake letting them buy Time Warner's media assets. We are going to pay the price if they sell Directv. Watch what I tell you.
You mean there isn't enough programming disputes already ?

Fwiw,
At least ATT is trying to lower the cost of those channels demanding high dollar for some channels that don't support the cost ... many of these negotiations are getting stalled as the network is asking them to pay for channels that are not even a channel yet. Thats ridiculous.

Btw, there are programming disputes EVERYWHERE, not just ATT ... look around, they are affecting everyone, just depends on when the contract is up.

I dont know who owns our local Fox station, but its been off since May, which was no problem till today when i upgraded to 4k mini genie in my room, and the LCC doesn’t work with the mini’s...just great. I had the HR54 moved to the spare bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)