Sinclair broadasting /fox in baltimore 43

Pen15head

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
baltimore
has it been two years already? looks like sinclair broadcasting is at again. sitting here watching my fox channel 43 in baltimore and i get the crawl. after researching the internet, i found this

""Satellite squabble
If you've noticed a crawl on the bottom of the screen on Fox 43, a station owned by Sinclair Broadcasting, the Baltimore-based firm with 58 TV stations across the country, you're witnessing the latest squabble between a station group and signal carrier.
"Attention DISH network viewers, you will lose our signal on June 1," warns Sinclair.
Bernie Barton, who operates a DISH satellite outlet in Elmwood, said that, unlike cable, satellite providers like DISH and DirectTV have to pay to carry local affiliate stations like Fox 43. Sinclair, which announced an $85 million loss in its first quarter this year, is looking to boost the rate that DISH presently pays, he said.
"The message for 43 viewers isn't that they need to lean on the DISH network or drop them but rather ask 43 why they are extorting the one provider which has given them superior quality, value and local service," Barton said. """

On the Air: Life goes on after 'Royce and Roger' - Peoria, IL - pjstar.com

. i will contact the local fox later on to see what they say.

Sinclair is well known for this. Mediacom currently has a lawsuit against them.

The Fox station in Baltimore is Fox 45 WBFF. There is a Fox 43 (WPMT) in York, PA that can be viewed in Maryland. WPMT is not owned or operated by Sinclair.
That's why a Peoria newspaper should not report about what's going on in Boston. Too Far.;);)

Last edited:
That's what a Peoria newspaper should not report about what's going on in Boston. Too Far.;);)

Fox 43 in the Peoria/Blooomington market is part of the Sinclair Broadcasting Group which explains the local tie to the story in the PSJ. The Springfield/Champaign ABC affiliates, WICS/WICD, are also part of the Sinclair group. I haven't seen any crawls on any of these stations yet but I may have missed them with the TV season basically over.

Update: Saw the crawl on Fox 43 last night.

Last edited:
Fox 43 in the Peoria/Blooomington market is part of the Sinclair Broadcasting Group which explains the local tie to the story in the PSJ. The Springfield/Champaign ABC affiliates, WICS/WICD, are also part of the Sinclair group. I haven't seen any crawls on any of these stations yet but I may have missed them with the TV season basically over.
That 'splains it.

Sinclair Broadcasting has a reputation for hard-nosed contract negotiations. I think that E* was sending a message to all local broadcasting groups with the Fisher stations turn-off. I predict a last minute settlement by Sinclair.

Fox-45 (Sinclair) in Baltimore, MD won't be missed. Most viewers can pick up either Fox-5 (Gannett) out of Washington, DC or Fox-43 (Tribune) out of York, PA.

Fox-45 (Sinclair) in Baltimore, MD won't be missed. Most viewers can pick up either Fox-5 (Gannett) out of Washington, DC or Fox-43 (Tribune) out of York, PA.
Another reason for a quick fight and then surrender by Sinclair.;)

WYZZ is what you're looking for. It's actually run by Nexstar, so it may or may not be part of this squabble.

Don't worry. I'm also the guy that can name you all the network affiliates in a market without even trying.

WYZZ

WYZZ is run by Nextar, but is owned by Sinclair.
I have seen this message, and Nextar says they only are running local studio, and have nothing to do with negotiations.

WYZZ is what you're looking for. It's actually run by Nexstar, so it may or may not be part of this squabble.

Don't worry. I'm also the guy that can name you all the network affiliates in a market without even trying.

WYZZ is owned by Sinclair and is running the crawl. I believe Nexstar is only operationally involved with WYZZ.

Edit: Sorry oldmailman, I just saw your post. Didn't mean to step on your post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)