Single cable into home possible?

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
I have a dual tuner and single tuner receiver and only want to run a single cable into my house from the dish for installation. Is this possible and if so do i need to use a multiswitch, which one, how could i hook this up? Its a Vip222 and a 211k.

Splitting one cable won't work

Depending on the current LNB you have, you'll need to run a cable to each receiver (2 cables would need to be run if you're using DP equipment). What's the current LNB model you have? Press menu-6-1-1-check switch and post what LNB you currently have (listed under "switch").

I just did an install at the mall where I ran 1 cable from a 1k.4 to a 922 and 722k. Stacker at the dish and destacker by the receivers.

I just did an install at the mall where I ran 1 cable from a 1k.4 to a 922 and 722k. Stacker at the dish and destacker by the receivers.
What frequencies did you use to cover 3 satellites each using 950-2050
and how was that cheaper than running 2 lines which is all you would need for a 922 and a 722?

You can do a single cable install of DirecTV for free. It's simple and works very well. You can also watch your DVR from the other receiver. The only downside is they have a whole lot less HD.

I have a dual tuner and single tuner receiver and only want to run a single cable into my house from the dish for installation. Is this possible and if so do i need to use a multiswitch, which one, how could i hook this up? Its a Vip222 and a 211k.

What do you mean by "single cable"? I have a similar set up, a 722 and a 211. The cable is a single cable with 2wires, similar to a figure 8 with a single entry point into the house. Once inside the house, they 2 lines go into a grounding block and then a cable runs to each of the 2 receivers.

This is it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110426_122158.png
    ForumRunner_20110426_122158.png
    153 KB · Views: 212
  • ForumRunner_20110426_122219.png
    ForumRunner_20110426_122219.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 191
dwarren2 said:
What do you mean by "single cable"? I have a similar set up, a 722 and a 211. The cable is a single cable with 2wires, similar to a figure 8 with a single entry point into the house. Once inside the house, they 2 lines go into a grounding block and then a cable runs to each of the 2 receivers.

That would be a dual cable.

The dual cable often has a heavy grounding copper wire, which should connect to the grounding block and ground system, if applicable. It is just like 2 separate cables and the ground wire at about the same cost.
-Ken

My guess is the OP has an apartment or lives some place that he only has 1 line to work with.

I have never seen a stacker/destacker kit (wish I would have seen one of these a long time ago) but from the sounds of it, it is the only option.
Typically, 1 line from LNB or switch to each rcvr (dpp) is needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)