Single coax from non-SWM antenna to 2 tuner DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccondos

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Tucson, az
I have a Multi Satellite 3 LNB, non-SWM antenna for my motor home, and take a DVR on the road with me for my main TV. I have to reconfigure it to single tuner, then reverse the process when I get home. I suppose I could run an additional cable from the antenna to the DVR, but that's not easy. Is there a way to use the signal from one cable to feed both tuners? I see satellite splitters and multi-switches out there, but don't know if these will work. Ideally, I'd like to put something right before the DVR to "split" the signal.

:welcome to Satelliteguys ccondos!

The only way to use one cable for two tuners is to convert to a swm lnb.

Like Chip said, you can upgrade your dish to a SWM set up then you can get the recvr working correctly with a single wire going into the recvr.

Like Chip said, you can upgrade your dish to a SWM set up then you can get the recvr working correctly with a single wire going into the recvr.

Or add a HD receiver to your DVR with a b-band converter connected to the single coax

Only if he has an R-16 or R-22. Those are the only standard DVR's that will work with a SWM system. Even if he went with a SWM system he would still have to recon the receiver back from SWM from he went home.

Only way to really solve it is to run a 2nd line.

Only if he has an R-16 or R-22. Those are the only standard DVR's that will work with a SWM system. Even if he went with a SWM system he would still have to recon the receiver back from SWM from he went home.

Only way to really solve it is to run a 2nd line.

This is the best option.

I've put Sat systems in the last two Coaches and it turns out to be well worth running the correct lines to the places needed.
It can be tricky, but can be done

Sounds like the 2nd line is the simplest/cheapest way to go. Thanks, everyone. BTW, Raoul, nice Stude. I had a 57 Golden Hawk many years ago - wish I still had it.

Thanks, but it's actually a '57 Packard, which was made by Studebaker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts