Single feed to mutli-switch???

J.C. Hall

Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I posted the other day about what type of switch I would need. I have taken care of that but now I have another question. I am having a second receiver installed this Saturday. I really don't want to run a second line outside the house. Can I just install the multi-switch in the attic and feed the single feed from the dish into it and send it to the STB's from there. I am thinking this will work but I thought I would ask the experts here.

J.C.

I believe it will work also as long as you have the correct switch. Wasn't a minimum distance requirement between the dish and the switch?

Can anybody tell me what the correct switch would be. Using the single line outside the house will make this so much easier. I sure hope this will work. Thanks the help.

J.C.

Any switch I know of (except DishPro) neeeds two lines from the LNB to switch.

According to Lyngsat, VOOM has odd transponders 1-23 AND even transponder 24.

That one even transponder means your idea won't work 100%.

You'll either be missing all the odd transponders or the one even transponder on a receiver, depending upon what the other receiver is tuned to.

So, either run two cables, or live with a missing transponder. (anyone know what's carried on TP24?)

BTW - if you're going to stick with the one cable solution, you don't even need a multiswitch. A simple high-frequency splitter will suffice, and in some ways work better (but still not 100% VOOM functionality at the receiver).

Or... you could look into a stacked solution. They aren't cheap or easy - most people just bite the bullet and run that extra cable vs. trying to figure this out (look at 2nd item here):

http://www.9thtee.com/dssstuff.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts