Single hopper installation

mmc-dsm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Let's say someone has a VIP612 with a 1000.4 and lives outside the boundaries and wants to upgrade to a hopper, is it possible to make a self install? And for that matter, to buy a hopper somewhere?

I saw a lot of posts telling Dish had to send a tech to do installs.

Thanks

Our system will automatically require a tech to come out when you upgrade. The installation is different between the VIP612 and Hopper. You can purchase a Hopper through us or on Craigslist/eBay. If you purchase on a different site though ask for the receiver number so we can check to see that it is not on another account.

If I read correctly, for the scenario I'm suggesting, one would only have to put a single node between the 1000.4 and the hopper. Right? If yes, a tech is still required?

If I read correctly, for the scenario I'm suggesting, one would only have to put a single node between the 1000.4 and the hopper. Right? If yes, a tech is still required?
If you want to upgrade and lease from Dish, a tech is required. If you want to purchase equipment and install yourself, you can. But personally, I would not advise it. There is more to the Hopper than meets the eye.

Yes the equipment would be bought not leased. And am I correct stating only a node is required?

Also, does the hopper need to be connected to the internet?

All you need to install a single hopper is the solo node. You run two sat runs to the solo node left side inputs and run a single run to your hopper bottom right side output. The top output is run to any joeys you have using a single run to a splitter for up to three potential joey runs . Simple install I did myself. IF you want ota ,you have to get the ota dongle that you can buy from DISH itself on their online store on their website under your account. You will need a separate antenna for this and you CAN'T diplex your sat and ota on the same run as your hopper.

Yes the equipment would be bought not leased. And am I correct stating only a node is required?

Also, does the hopper need to be connected to the internet?
A single node, and two coax runs from your dish. Internet connection is required for some apps and VOD. A Hopper without is is dressed down.

For a single Hopper: You need a single node, 2 RG-6 Coaxes from the dish to the node, 1 RG-6 from the node to the Hopper. The coaxes should all be swept to 3ghz. The Hopper doesn't require an internet connection to operate but to get full use out of it is recommended.

Ok, so the worst part is running a second coax from the antenna.... it cannot Dishpro?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)