Single LNB and Multiswitch...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpongeBob

Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Hi,

I have an FTA system composed of 1 single LNB and a single receiver. I would like to add a second receiver. I understand that I need to use a switch to get the 2 receivers hooked up to a single dish.

My question: Is there a multiswitch cable of receiving a single-LNB connection and getting the output to 2 receivers or more? I am puzzled because I thought this switch should be easily available but a quick search on the internet did not produce something that I can use. Most FTA multiswitches requires dual-LNB.

Any idea where I can find a mutiswitch capable of using a single-LNB for multiple receivers?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Unless you want to upgrade to a dual, get a high frequency splitter from Radio Shack/Home Depot/The Source/Best Buy/etc :D

That will allow you to use more than one receiver…..but only one can control polarity
So if one receiver is on Vertical…the other receiver will also be on vertical : )

The splitter needs to be rated up to 2150 mhz

..Or if your receiver (like Fortec Ultra lifetime) has a "Loop-out" Output in its back, connecting the second receiver (so called the slaved one) to it would do the same thing like the splitter (the slaved one's polarity would depend still on the master one's).

...and Welcome... !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.