single mode dual mode difference

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
Just got the 622. If I would switch to single mode, what happens to TV2? Are you still able to watch there? Also, my installer told me it's a big deal to switch between modes and it takes like 5 minutes. My book says just hit the button. Being technically challenged like I am, I am afraid to try it for fear I mess something up, but from the dish book it seems to me there is no difference in recording abilities betweek the two modes. Is that right?

Installer was wrong. Switching is immediate, however tv2 could be shut off. Check under menu, System Setup, then Shared View. When enabled tv2 will see same as what is on tv1 and tv2 remote can change tv1 settings. When disabled, tv2 will have no signal. If you are in dual mode and switch to single mode while tv2 is turned on, you will get a message on tv1 which you will have to ok. If tv2 is off, it switches immediately.

Single mode all ouput for TV1 and TV2 is the same and you can only see one program/recording at one time.

My observation in Dual mode you can watch seperate programming/recordings on TV! and TV2.

Pushing the format button on TV2 switches you between full screen and letterboxed when watching an HD program/recording.

Single Mode also Enables Picture in Picture. It uses TV2 to generate PIP. So in single mode you can hit the PIP button and see TV1 and TV2 at the same time om the same TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)