Single satellite programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

airwalk

Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I'm wondering what satellite to point at if I only have one LNB? The reason I ask is I moved to Canada, but kept my DISH account setup as I'm still under contract, and where I am so far we haven't been able to see 119. We can see 110 clear as day, about 90 signal strength, but not 119 so far. We are still working on it when I have time, but for the time being can I still get some TV from 110? Also how can I receive some "locals" up here, I was in Texas but will I still be able to receive those channels up here? Thanks.

Is there another satellite I can point at instead to get a little more programming? I haven't been able to actually get a picture from any channels displayed in the EPG when I'm pointed at 110. I thought it was because I still had hooked up my dishpro quad, but when I hook up a legacy single LNB with two outputs still no picture. Also when I hook up both outputs to my 522, the switch test comes back good on one tuner and different on the other tuner.

Also can I somehow change my location in the receiver to a closer location, or get the distant locals somehow?

Same thing, I was getting as high as 90 with the quad. Identical feeds, does this mean that (a) the single LNB with two outputs (dual?) should be fine and (b) does it matter which outputs from the Quad I connect to?

Side note: I have two direct wires running from receiver to LNB, just to avoid any confusion while I get it working.

maybe this is part of my problem, I have been using 1 and 4. I was told in another thread that when first setup the quad outputs are 110 119 110 119 or the other way around so I figured I should have one tuner on 110 and the other on 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)