Single Splitter with both RG-6 and RG-59 connections

Thank you, you just proved a UHF antenna can pick up VHF low. Blows the can't be done out the window. Trial and error are the best tools. Do what works for you, but don't blow of any comment that says that won't work. In theory you are correct, but in real world situations things are different. Again, not being rude, but look at my post in the OTA section, I was combing antennas when I got this one I just run it solo after running combined, It picks up more. Antenna theory is just that theory. Now on transmit it is a different animal.
Of course a UHF antenna can pick up VHF lo under the right conditions. Its possible in some areas to get a perfectly good OTA signal with a paper clip. Nothing unusual about an antenna that shouldn't work actually working, but I might only do that to prove a point and I don't go around installing paper clips for people just because it can work.

Antenna theory is as good as the data put into the formula, just like anything else. I find it to be very accurate but I also do my best to gather and recognize good data. If I were to say something can't be done its usually not from theory or calculations, its from personal experience. Trial and error for me is something to avoid without some research and proper tools to measure results. I see way too many people swapping things around with no way to measure actual changes, leaving the final result a pure guess. Its great to compare antennas or whatever but you need a way to tell which one is better and by how much and the knowledge to rule out things in the environment that can skew the differences between them.

When discussing antennas and transmit/receive, its reciprocal. Whatever is happening on receive will be happening on transmit if its the same antenna and the same frequency. This applies to antenna pattern, gain, atmospheric effects, refraction, you name it.

Otherwise Its nice and actually interesting to hear about people doing amazing things with weak signals and antennas that should not be working as they do, but at the same time I hope that is not how you guys perform at work or for customers. What does all this have to do with signal splitters with both RG59 and RG6 connections? I dunno.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)