Single Wire Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Apologies if this has already been covered (I expect it has), but I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. It appears from the diagram on the bottom of page 11 of this document that I only need 1 wire coming into the house for a 1 Hopper/1 Joey install:

http://gwdish.com/Hopper-Joey.pdf

Is this correct?

I have 2 feeds from the outside of my house to my OnQ wiring panel, but 1 is used for my cable modem. I wanted to confirm I would not need any additional feeds run prior to ordering my new service.

Thanks,
Ted

Ya you will be fine as long as the cabling in your house is all 3 ghz .
You can have 2 lines off the dish to the node. Node would go in the tv can where the two service lines are.
One cable off the node to the onq to a tap. Off the tap one cable going to the hopper. Another cable off the tap to a spliter to feed the joeys.
Look at the writing on your cable. Hopefully it says 3 ghz not 2.5

Ya you will be fine as long as the cabling in your house is all 3 ghz .
You can have 2 lines off the dish to the node. Node would go in the tv can where the two service lines are.
One cable off the node to the onq to a tap. Off the tap one cable going to the hopper. Another cable off the tap to a spliter to feed the joeys.
Look at the writing on your cable. Hopefully it says 3 ghz not 2.5

It is a brand new house with RG6. I'll check to tonight to see if it is 3GHz. Thanks

One thing I like to do is just put the dish in the back of the house. Shot the cable into the attic vent and drop them down into the onq. Makes for a cleaner install

The feed cables and inside cables all appear to be RG6 3GHz Quad Shield, so it sounds like I should be good to go. Unless there is something else I am missing?

Ted

Well, I bit the bullet and scheduled my install for next Tuesday. I hope it goes well. My only real concern at this point is whether I will have LOS. The Dish Pointer app on my iPhone shows that I can pull in the Eastern Arc sats. I hope it is correct as I certainly cannot get the Western Arc or DirecTV sats, and I think I might do something drastic if I have to live with crappy Time Warner Cable Navigator for much longer.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)