Single Wire Install

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Apologies if this has already been covered (I expect it has), but I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. It appears from the diagram on the bottom of page 11 of this document that I only need 1 wire coming into the house for a 1 Hopper/1 Joey install:

http://gwdish.com/Hopper-Joey.pdf

Is this correct?

I have 2 feeds from the outside of my house to my OnQ wiring panel, but 1 is used for my cable modem. I wanted to confirm I would not need any additional feeds run prior to ordering my new service.

Thanks,
Ted

Ya you will be fine as long as the cabling in your house is all 3 ghz .
You can have 2 lines off the dish to the node. Node would go in the tv can where the two service lines are.
One cable off the node to the onq to a tap. Off the tap one cable going to the hopper. Another cable off the tap to a spliter to feed the joeys.
Look at the writing on your cable. Hopefully it says 3 ghz not 2.5

Ya you will be fine as long as the cabling in your house is all 3 ghz .
You can have 2 lines off the dish to the node. Node would go in the tv can where the two service lines are.
One cable off the node to the onq to a tap. Off the tap one cable going to the hopper. Another cable off the tap to a spliter to feed the joeys.
Look at the writing on your cable. Hopefully it says 3 ghz not 2.5

It is a brand new house with RG6. I'll check to tonight to see if it is 3GHz. Thanks

One thing I like to do is just put the dish in the back of the house. Shot the cable into the attic vent and drop them down into the onq. Makes for a cleaner install

The feed cables and inside cables all appear to be RG6 3GHz Quad Shield, so it sounds like I should be good to go. Unless there is something else I am missing?

Ted

Well, I bit the bullet and scheduled my install for next Tuesday. I hope it goes well. My only real concern at this point is whether I will have LOS. The Dish Pointer app on my iPhone shows that I can pull in the Eastern Arc sats. I hope it is correct as I certainly cannot get the Western Arc or DirecTV sats, and I think I might do something drastic if I have to live with crappy Time Warner Cable Navigator for much longer.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)