Single-wire solution for HDTV upgrade?

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
I have a converted SuperDiSH Plus with a DP34 switch on the side of my house that feeds two cables to each receiver.
The new location for the HDTV has only one RG6 coaxial cable with little practicality of running a second line. I am currently using this line for "TV2" UHF feed from a DVR in a central location.

I intend to keep the international channels from the 118.75 location, so when I call to upgrade to HDTV, what is going to happen? I am also in the Washington DC DMA which I understand requires a "wing dish" for local HDTV. Are they going to be able to feed a dual-tuner HDTV receiver at the single-cable location? What equipment, like DPP44 with separators, will it use?

Thanks!!

If I understand your situation correctly, the tech should not have too much trouble with your upgrade. Even if you want to put your HDTV at the location that only has one line, the use of diplexers will allow sat feed to the receiver and backfeed to wherever you new TV2 is through the same line. Just make sure its a RG6 line in good condition. Good cabling is essential.

As far as the situation with your dish, they will more than likely replace the DP34 with a DPP44 switch. With the DPP technology, you only need one sat feed line per dual tuner receiver. If your DMA requires the wing dish, they will mount a 2nd dish somewhere for the 61.5 sat to get your HD locals. Hope this helps.

Steve (new to the site, my first post)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)